When does the pain stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does the pain stop

In June it will be three years since my last surgery and there are very few days that I am not in pain. I guess I will never be PAIN FREE but I think I am due for one more surgery from what this new doctor saying. It could get better, it could get worse or stay the same. I just dont know what to do anymore. Some days the pain is so intense I want to cry. Any advice would help thanks in advance.

I would get several opinions if I were you and find out exactly WHY you are having pain. I don't think you have to live that way! But finding the right doctor is key-have you done your research on this particular doctor? Some are experts in scoliosis surgery and some just think they are!
    Cathie

Comment

I have a dr that is experince in the field, that want to do a surgery but he said it may help and it may not it is 50/50 so I just waodering now if I should do it or not.?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????
      Last edited by JustLee34; 05-23-2007, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Is there another doctor you could go to for another opinion? Even if you have to travel it is worth it- this is a big decision. I live in Atlanta and went to New York to have my surgery with Dr. Boachie and am so glad I did.

Comment

thanx for the reply I live in oklahoma and I am going to checkout the Tulsa area. but the last two dr said they would not touch me with a ten foot pole they dont wont to try to do anything to me.

Comment

You live in OK, so you're not that far from Dr. Lenke - one of the best in the nation according to my Dr. (Alexis Shelokov). I would definitely look him up!! Hope this helps.

Ann
            44 year old female
            Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
            Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
            Posterior Only, 9 hours
            Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
            Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

7 months and still having pain

I am 7 months post-op and I am still having pain. I take pain medication every 6 or 7 hours which is an improvement from the beginning but still very painful. I have been through 4 months of physical therapy 1 month of aqua therapy and accupuncture. The doctor says give it a year. I am really tired of waiting. New places are hurting as a reaction to the stiffness in my muscles.

I am 51 so maybe it has to do with old age...

Joan

Comment

I went to see my surgeon yesterday. It has been about a year and half since my surgeries, but i'm still experiencing some problems.... Namely that i'm walking leaning forward and my gait has a sideways swing to the left. Not walking as well as i used to. In addition i have a good deal of pain in my upper back... I'm fused from T4-S1 and he says the xrays show that i've healed well. However, he's sending me for MRIs to see if he can find out why I'm not doing as well now as when i was just a few months out.

Comment

Working...
                X