Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm home/? about bed comfort

Hi,

Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers! I can home yesturday after struggle with stomach issues. The surgery went fantastic and so has my recovery. Would have been home 3 days earlier, but my stomach did not wakeup and start to fucntion without lots of intervention. Other than that, I feel great!

Need help with making the bed more comfortable at home. Any ideas? My hips kill me after 20 mins of being in one position?

Thanks,

Kari

Kari-
    I am 5 months post op and my own bed is a pillow top- it is so much more comfortable for me than real firm mattresses. If your mattress is real firm maybe you could try a down cover that goes over your mattress and under the fitted sheet- it will make it more comfy.
    Cathie

Comment

Kari,

Have you tried placing a pillow under your knees? It takes some of the pressure off. If you are able to lay on your side, be sure to place a pillow between your knees as well.
      I am a little over 1 month post op and still have problems getting comfortable... mostly because I also had a tendency to sleep in strange curled up or stretched out yoga like positions... Having a bunch of different pillow shapes and sizes helps me to find comfort through the night.
      Sweet dreams...

Comment

For around $150 per month, I was able to rent a hospital bed for a few months. To me, it was money well spent. You're able to raise your knees and elevate your head with the touch of a button which was a God send because of the limited movement. It also made it much easier to get out of bed! Sometimes your insurance will cover the expense. Good Luck!

Comment

We just bought a memory foam mattress topper that comes with a pillow-top type mattress pad. I hope they work for me because if my meds are wearing off, I feel like I'm laying on wood boards or something hard and lumpy. (guess I am! laying on metal that is...) Our original mattress had a built in small pillow top, but has sort squished down where we lay.
          Once we use this new memory foam combo, I'll let you know how it feels!
          Berta in Hawaii

Comment

Working...
          X