Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Year Post-Op

Hey Everybody!!!

It's been a little while since I've checked in, and it's going to take a while for me to catch up. Today I am exactly one year post-op and what a year it's been. I am feeling great and I am so glad I made the choice to have surgery. I don't even want to imagine what my life would have been like if I didn't. I am just so grateful to all of you here on the forum. Finding this site was nothing short of a gift. I have received so much support and advice here and am thankful to each and every one of you who come here and share this part of your lives with us. Many of you helped me through one of the toughest decisions I've ever made, and that means more to me than you'll ever know.

Woo-hoo!! I'm one year post-op!!!!!
    Brandi
    Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
    Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
    L1-S1
    Dr. William Lauerman
    Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
    Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
    http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

So happy for you!

Congratulations Brandi!
    Hard to believe it has been a year already huh? I am exactly 3 months ahead of you and believe it or not it still gets better! I worked in our garage for 5 hours on Sunday cleaning, sweeping, up and down ladders, moving boxes and smiled to myself at the end of the day that I was able to do so! I still amaze myself. Times like that I am so glad to have had this surgery and like you can't imagine a life without having had it.
    I hope you can still pop in to the forum and share your experiences when you have a minute here and there, so many of the people with good out comes fade away.
    Best wishes always, Suzy

Comment

Brandi- so cool you are 1 yr now!!!!! You & Suzy have been great inspiration to me! 10 months out now for me & I'm feeling good these days too. Just can't believe after this long that my stomach is still numb but can live with that.....Lynne

Comment

Brandi, congratulations on being 1 yr. post-op. That is quite a milestone, and it's great to hear how well you (and the other ladies) are all doing.

Renee

Comment

Hard to believe it's been a year. I remember waiting anxiously to hear from you post-op because it took you forever to get back on-line!!

So glad you're feeling well and happy.
          Chris
          A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
          Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
          Post-op curve: 12 degrees
          Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Thanks. I will be checking in from time to time. I want to be able to offer support to those preparing for surgery. Kind of like, my little way of giving back . Suzy, I am so glad to hear how well you are doing. Lynne, I've still got numbness in some places (I wrote about it on my site, yesterday). Chris, ha, I did take my time logging in, didn't I?
            Brandi
            L1-S1
            Dr. William Lauerman
            Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback

Comment

Yay Brandi! You are such a scoli inspiration. Thanks for all your help so far. I'm sure I'll be needing more advice. . . less than 2 weeks now.

Best,
              Anya
              "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
              Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
              19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Congratulations Brandi!! What a milestone! I look forward to being one year post op next September too!!! CAN'T WAIT! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
                44 year old female
                Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
                Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
                Posterior Only, 9 hours
                Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
                Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

Thanks, you guys are great!!!
                  Brandi
                  L1-S1
                  Dr. William Lauerman

Comment

Working...
                  X