Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-op finished waiting for Surgery

Hi Everyone,

I went for the last of my pre-op visits yesterday and I am now counting down the days until my surgery. I'm not scared about the surgery itself, but am scared about the hospital stay and recovery. I'm so worried something will happen and they will deceide not to let anyone stay in my room with me and the last thing I think i'll be able to handle is being alone. I have gotten a few headaches in the last couple of weeks, and i'm sure they are do to stress of making sure i'm prepared for surgery.

My house is not as clean as I would like, but I decided that after 7 - 10 days in the hospital it would be a mess anyways, so my kids can worry about having it clean before I come home.

We go this weekend to move two of my daughters things home from college and they will be home Monday or Tuesday when they finish finals and all their year end things.

Thanks for listening

More later,
    Patty 51 years old
    Surgery May 23, 2007(43 Birthday)
    Posterior T3- L4
    Pre surgery curves
    T-53degrees
    L-38degrees
    and a severe side shift to the right.
    Post surgery curves
    Less than 10 degrees
    Surgery April, 2006
    C4 - C6

hospital stay..

patty- is there a good reason the hospital would not let your family stay in your room with you (after ICU of course)? most hospitals encourage family to stay..you have two college age daughters, huh? i bet they will make good nurses! or maybe they are like my sons, probably will make themselves scarce. not that they don't love, me, just can't cope with mom being an invalid. i guess we have to lower our standards of a "clean" house. your surgery date is almost here !! mine is close too, and all kinds of thoughts keep running through my head too. Keep thinking positive and it is good that you will be out of the house doing constructive things. hang in there.. Lisa
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees
    L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
    fused to from T-3 to sacrum
    anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
    pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

I hear ya! My pre-op is on Monday. I was planning on asking them about my husband or mother staying in the hospital with me. Perhaps they can't answer that??

Best,
      Anya
      "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
      Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
      19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Most hospitals welcome a family member staying with you since it helps the patient get much better care. They told us the nurses were already overworked and it makes their job much easier. They actually thanked my husband for all his help. In any case, I think you can insist!
        Take care and hope your surgery goes well.
        Berta in Hawaii

Comment

anya---I was so out of it , at least the first week, that I would never even have known if anyone was with me.....I think you'll be fine yourself but of course that's up to each individual. The hospital is a noisy/busy place to try & sleep... Ly

Comment

Working...
          X