Starting over...Oh Canada!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting over...Oh Canada!

Well the saga continues, just as I was trying to wrap my head around surgery my Ortho is leaving because the hospital he works out of has no OR's for him to do his thing.
    He is going to Children's Hospital where he can work. I am so sad as now I have to find another surgeon and the wait time in Canada is almost a year just for the appointment. I was to book my surgery date last week and now I have nothing. It is hard enough to be ill but having to battle for your healthcare is tough. I do believe that all happens for reasons and there must be a better option, an even better surgeon? I wanted to ask how many of you out there have good days in between the pain? I seem to go in sessions, if I am really careful and switch postions all day I can have a ok day, if I sit to long or lay wrong I am in agony. Also do any of you have a feeling almost like a bladder infection? But not? There is pressure when I have one of my bouts and lots of numbness in my hands and
    feet? Sorry for the vent, however the roller coaster ride is getting to me!
    43 year old
    30-upper
    41-lower
    ddd,bulging disks
    bone spurs
    osteoarthritis
    waiting for surgery

I went through a bit of a nightmare with my operation dates, but not quite like yours.
    I had two dates for my op that were cancelled. The second one was worse as they cancelled a few days before so I was all set mentally. So it was a real blow and even more so when they didn't have another date for 6-8 weeks. I spent two weeks feeling miserable. All i could think was, it could have been all over with.
    So my heart goes out to you. I know how you must be feeling, but a whole year?!
    you are right everything happens for a reason, that is how you must look at it. You must stay strong, positive and focused.

Why wasn't your surgeon able to refer you? Surely he must have someone to take over the care of his patients??

What do you do for your pain?? Do you do any exercise like, stretching, yoga, pilates etc. Pain is due to your muscles been so constricted and tight. You shouldn't have to live your life in pain.
    If you can read my thread 'Congenital Heart/Scoliosis' I think it was that. I have written about all the things I did to help me with my scoliosis pre op. Now post op (my op was 3 weeks ago) I couldn't have got through the last few weeks without it. I spent 4 months preparing my body physically and mentally so I could be strong and flexiable for my op and also to relieve my pain.

Sorry to go on. Hope this helps.
    Stay strong and let me know how you get on.
    Miranda

Comment

Working...
    X