Pierced ears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pierced ears

So am I doing to lose the holes in my ears because I won't be wearing earrings for God knows how long in the hospital??

I haven't had naked ears in nearly 40 years......

Anyone?
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

I didn't. It was a good month before i wore any and all was well

Comment

Ten years later...

Okay, so you made me try it. YEARS ago, I had the second hole done but I have not worn earrings in those holes for well over ten years. So I'm sitting at my desk and thought I'd try it and believe it or not, the earring went through with just a little push. I'm sure you will have no problem with them being out such a short amount of time. I think I'll start to use them again. Thanks! LYNN
      1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
      2000 Partial Rod Removal
      2001 Right Scapular Resection
      12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
      06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

I haven't wore earrings around three months, but every once in a while I stick an earring post in the holes to keep them open.

Sue

Comment

I have a single earring in my right ear but its near the middle. Would i have tot take it out for when i have my surgery?
          2002 - 42 degree curve (top) and 38 degree curve (bottom)

2003 - 43 degree curve (top) and 37 degree curve (bottom)

2007 - 46 degree curve (top) and 48 degree curve (bottom)

Anterior/Posterior surgery 17th of July and 31st of July 2007 and 2.5 cm's taller

Comment

Working...
          X