PDA

View Full Version : Which PJ's are better?

LEELEE85
05-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Hi Guys,

Well not long till i go into hospital so im just wondering what Pj's will be better for me after my operation...

Flanulette, Cotton or satin???

Thanks.

Lee :)

katiev25
05-01-2007, 11:25 PM
I bought some winter pjs which had draw string flannelette pants and a cotton long sleeve top which matched. I had two pairs(you'll need to in case you get sick like i did) from Allens but they also sell them in target. Very comfortable and it did not bother me that there were no buttons on the top. I went for one size too big to ensure it would not rub on my back. I hear flanno tops can rub on the wound and make it difficult to turn in bed. Hope this helps. Wow it is coming up quickly now. Good luck!

LEELEE85
05-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Thanks Katie.

Yeah it is coming up real quick i can't believe how quick the last 3 wks have gone. I can't believe your 10 months post op it only felt like a couple of months ago we were saying how nervous you were about your op coming up.

I know Bras n things have some nice ones as well....

Lee

Jacque's Mom
05-02-2007, 08:54 AM
I preferred the satin type as you were able to turn easier as satin is slippery. Good luck!

JoAnn5
05-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Satin, nylon, or silky stuff is much better. The cotton and flannels sound more comfortable, but is like trying to turn over in velcro.... I can remember how hard it was to even turn over in bed, so the smoother the better! I preferred a sleep shirt because anything with a waist irritated my incisions.

sai
05-02-2007, 10:13 AM
make sure you have tops with buttoned fronts as it will be difficult to get anything over your head

good luck

n2starz
05-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I preferred a satin nightgown, similar to a sleep shirt. And with a button up front. That way I could get it on and off easily.

joeb-z
05-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Beware elastic pants and allow for swelling if you have an anterior-lateral incision.

cathydownunder
05-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Definitely satin type nighties,button up front no longer than knee length.Available from Target or K Mart.
I had a fusion and disc replacement last July and with complications was in for 10 days. I took a variety of PJ's, nighties but found I had my hubby washing and bringing the same comfy one back all the time.
I had thigh high compression stockings on and everything else stuck to them, and I couldn't tolerate anything with a waistband over the incision.
My lifesaver though was a small sheepskin to lay on, a HUGE difference.
Best of luck.