Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which PJ's are better?

Hi Guys,

Well not long till i go into hospital so im just wondering what Pj's will be better for me after my operation...

Flanulette, Cotton or satin???

Thanks.

Lee
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

I bought some winter pjs which had draw string flannelette pants and a cotton long sleeve top which matched. I had two pairs(you'll need to in case you get sick like i did) from Allens but they also sell them in target. Very comfortable and it did not bother me that there were no buttons on the top. I went for one size too big to ensure it would not rub on my back. I hear flanno tops can rub on the wound and make it difficult to turn in bed. Hope this helps. Wow it is coming up quickly now. Good luck!
    Katie

Comment

Thanks Katie.

Yeah it is coming up real quick i can't believe how quick the last 3 wks have gone. I can't believe your 10 months post op it only felt like a couple of months ago we were saying how nervous you were about your op coming up.

I know Bras n things have some nice ones as well....

Lee
      Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

I preferred the satin type as you were able to turn easier as satin is slippery. Good luck!
        1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
        2000 Partial Rod Removal
        2001 Right Scapular Resection
        12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
        06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Satin, nylon, or silky stuff is much better. The cotton and flannels sound more comfortable, but is like trying to turn over in velcro.... I can remember how hard it was to even turn over in bed, so the smoother the better! I preferred a sleep shirt because anything with a waist irritated my incisions.

Comment

make sure you have tops with buttoned fronts as it will be difficult to get anything over your head

good luck

Comment

I preferred a satin nightgown, similar to a sleep shirt. And with a button up front. That way I could get it on and off easily.
              28 years old
              Wore brace for 3 years as a teen
              Successful surgery with Dr. Lenke on January 12, 2007

Comment

Beware elastic pants and allow for swelling if you have an anterior-lateral incision.

Comment

Definitely satin type nighties,button up front no longer than knee length.Available from Target or K Mart.
                  I had a fusion and disc replacement last July and with complications was in for 10 days. I took a variety of PJ's, nighties but found I had my hubby washing and bringing the same comfy one back all the time.
                  I had thigh high compression stockings on and everything else stuck to them, and I couldn't tolerate anything with a waistband over the incision.
                  My lifesaver though was a small sheepskin to lay on, a HUGE difference.
                  Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X