Finding a surgeon in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a surgeon in Florida

I just found the NSF Forum and am hoping you can help me in my search. I am a 57 year old lady with severe double scoliosis. I was evaluated last year by Dr. Oheneba Boachie-Adjei at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York. I have had 2 major spine surgeries over the years, the last one at HSS. I like Dr. Boachie-Adjei a great deal and have the utmost respect for his ability. His conclusion last year was that I will need additional surgery. My problem is that I now live in Clearwater, Florida and am hopeful that I can find another premiere surgeon, but closer to home. Dr. Boachie-Adjei indicated that since my spine is now currently about 95% fused, with a lumbar Harrington Rod, all of that would likely have to be removed, spine broken in 4 sections and then implant 4 rods. Surgery would take 2 days. You can, I am sure, see why I am on a search for the most dedicated and talented physician I can find in Florida. If I can't find someone here who measures up, I will surely go to NY, but the logistics of that are a little daunting on top of the rest of it. Thanks so much for any assistance you can give me.
    Kathi

Hi Kathi - I'm a lurker on the adult part of this messageboard but wanted to add my suggestion. Here is a webpage for a Dr. Anthony Moreno in Clearwater http://www.spine-health.com/doctor/AnthonyMoreno/

He has done several revision surgeries and I have met a couple of his patients. They have very good things to say about him. I'd be happy to give you the email of one of his patients if you'd like to visit with her. Email me at boulderfam@hotmail.com if you are interested.

I wish you the best! Sounds like you have had one of the best surgeons working on you already... hopefully someone else can live up to Dr. Boachie's standards.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Also looking for doctor in Florida

I went to see Dr. Liebwold at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami. He was the name I was given, very nice and he suggested I have surgery. My curve is 60 thoracic, we did not discuss what methods he would use until we would meet again. I have an appointment for a consult with Dr. Lauerman at GW in DC in March; but since discovering the forum I now want a consult with Boaphie Agei. Tell me how your search progresses. Dava My email is Davasart@aol.com

Comment

I've just been in touch with a 54-yr-old woman from Florida who underwent revision surgery last year by Dr. Michael O'Brien in Miami. She raved about him and felt truly blessed to have found him. This woman is in the medical profession and her best piece of advice for those who are even considering first-time surgery is to look for someone who does a lot of revisions, because they are the best trained.

Chris

Comment

Don't use Dr. Hill in Leesburg if he goes to Clearwater area ,had him as the Dr. who take over my case after surgury in Tenn. (which went great by Dr. Galliger ) and what a joke !! Almost like car salesman , you didn't buy the car here so your on your own for follow up check ups !! Keith

Comment

Working...
          X