Bump on back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump on back

Hey everyone, I am almost 8 weeks post op. I have noticed recently that I have a bump on the middle of my back. The bump is a couple inches long and it's under the skin. Does anybody know what it may be?

Thanks so much! Amber

Hi Amber,
    I am 4 months post op and a few weeks ago I discovered a lump also-mine is at the top of my incision. I called the nurse and she said it could be the top of the rod but not to worry unless it was red and irritated, which it isn't. I would call your dr. as well but it is probably nothing to worry about-
    Cathie

Comment

Thanks for giving me your input. I will go ahead and contact my doctor.

Comment

Hi Amber,

I know exactly where you're coming from. I would look at my back constantly with a mirror into a mirror. I would panic over every little change I thought I saw. Don't do what I did and worry yourself to death, it doesn't help the healing process!!!

Cathie's right, call your Dr. A lot of it is part of the healing process.

Shari

Comment

I did go ahead and contact my doctor. The PA suggested to continue to use ice and changed my medication for muscle spasms.

Comment

Hello. I'm about 8 months post op and since my muscles in my back have atrophied so much the instrumentation was visible under my skin. My dr. told me that I needed to put on some weight. That was March 19th...I'm still working on it.

Nickie

Comment

Nickie, yeah, a lot of my doctors tell me to gain weight too.

Comment

Working...
              X