Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally have a date, this monday!

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would post a thread to say that after having 2 operation dates cancelled, the hospital is all set for this Monday 23rd April.
    I check into hospital tomorrow afternoon. I only got confirmation on wed, which has probably been a good thing.

I am feeling strong and positive, but as it draws nearer I am starting to feel anxious.
    Any lovely and helpful hints for me to keep me calm. Things to take to hospital that you found useful etc

I have been listening to a great relaxation CD and doing lots of visulization of my healing which is helping so much.

I also hope houstoncurves and jeni lee got my response to there messages of my original thread called congenital heart/scoliosis??

Look forward to hearing from you scoliosees.
    Miranda x

I will be thinking about you this coming Monday. Best of luck for a successful operation and recovery. You can do it!

Best,
    Anya
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
    Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
    19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Good Luck on Monday, Miranda! I know there will be a ton of good wishes and prayers being sent in your direction.

I believe that a couple of people recently posted some ideas of things they found helpful to bring to the hospital, i.e. chap stick, facial wipes, family photos, a favorite stuffed animal, etc. When I went for a spinal fusion information class, they suggested an iPod/MP3 player with your favorite music would be helpful too. Keep thinking those positive thoughts about your recovery and new life after surgery! We will all look forward to hearing how you are doing after surgery and about your success milestones.

Linda W.
      Linda
      Two-stage A/P fusion T6-S1 with lumbar implants June 12 & June 27, 2007 at age 57
      S curve 75+ degrees with kyphosis
      Now 45 degrees and standing 3 inches taller!
      Dr. Frank Rand, New England Baptist Hospital, Boston

Comment

Best of luck with your surgery, I'll be thinking of you on Monday.
        Patty 51 years old
        Surgery May 23, 2007(43 Birthday)
        Posterior T3- L4
        Pre surgery curves
        T-53degrees
        L-38degrees
        and a severe side shift to the right.
        Post surgery curves
        Less than 10 degrees
        Surgery April, 2006
        C4 - C6

Comment

Hi Miranda,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Nothing really took it off my mind, but it helped me to keep buzy.

Shari

Comment

thank you all for your lovely messages. Just about to leave for the hospital and feeling okay.
            Deff taking my ipod, can't imagine these last few weeks without it. Have a playlist full of my fav and calming music for my operation and stay in hospital.

Will write when I get home.

Thank you again for this site, I can't explain what it has meant to me. I know I wouldn't be feeling this strong without this forum.

Miranda x

Comment

Hi Miranda,

I just wanted to wish you all the best in your surgery and recovery. I hope you have a smooth recovery with as little pain as possible. We will all be thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers. Please let us know how you're doing as soon as you're feeling up to it. *hug* Take care
              Nadia
              I'm 19
              Diagnosed with Scoliosis at age 16
              Curves as of June 2006: 48T & 40L
              Curves as of June 2007: 52T & 43L
              Surgery date: June 18, 2007
              "A smile is a curve that can straighten out anything"

Comment

I too will be praying for you Miranda! For a successful surgery and a quick recovery!! Take care and God bless you.

Ann
                44 year old female
                Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
                Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
                Posterior Only, 9 hours
                Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
                Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

Dear Miranda,

I just read your thread about your surgery being today. I wish I'd been able to read it in time to send you my best thoughts and wishes! Now I'm sending those for your recovery.

Sounds like your "tools" of relaxation CDs and visualizations for healing have be helping. That's what I'm doing too. My surgery is scheduled for May 15. I'm especially visualizing the outcome of my surgery as being positive and life transforming. These tools work as well after surgery as before it, so I hope you keep using them.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you when you're well enough to be on the computer again. I'd love to find out how you are doing!!

Take care,

Brynn

Comment

Any news on Miranda?

Hi Miranda, just wondering how you went - may be a bit soon for you to post but we're still here and look forward to hearing from you or anyone else who's been in touch with you - Gen
                    Gen, aged 49
                    Thoracic curve approx 64*
                    Surgery starts 25 June (anterior), posterior 2 wks later (T5 - L1)
                    Surgeon: Peter Turner

Comment

Hi All,
                      I am home. Just posted a new thread, so please read it.
                      Lovely to re read all your messages. It really means so much to me.
                      So gladddddd to be homeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Miranda

Comment

Working...
                      X