Hello (new to the board)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello (new to the board)

I didn't see anywhere else to put this, so I guess I'll put it here.

My name is Sasha and I'm an 18 year old college student from West Virginia. I was diagnosed with minor "no problems expected" scioliosis in 7th grade, and went through most of middle school and high school without any problems.

In the last three years though, it has become very painful. Most of the time I only have a dull ache, but in the last month or two I have begun have sharp shooting pains up my right side. I visited a chiropractor for a few months, but it didn't help for more than an hour or two. Prescription painkillers (generally hydrocodone) are out of the question for me as I am highly allergic to them. I am meeting with my regular doctor this summer to see what options I have, and if the twitches I'm having are related.

Much like me

I have basically the same pains, myself. I am 49 though. I suppose it's time for me to complain. I wear a body jacket to help with my cramps in my muscles along my spine and my shoulders. I hope that your doctor can offer support for you. I have been fascinated by the information on the spinecor brace. It fits underneath your clothing and is hardly recognizable. PERHAPS THAT WOULD BE OF BENEFIT TO YOU. I see you are from Virginia. My heart goes out to all of the innocent lives lost at Virginia Tech. This absolutely breaks my heart.

Comment

Thank you for the well-wishes, but actually I'm from West Virginia.

This jacket you were talking about, how does that work?

Comment

Working...
      X