Tingling Sensation & Muscle Weakness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tingling Sensation & Muscle Weakness

I had C-D rods implanted for my scoliosis in 1989. I was 19 at the time, and am now 36. I'm not sure of the exact placement of the rods, but they start at my upper back...between my shoulder blades, and go down to just above my tail bone.

Recently, I have been experiencing numbness, tingling and a burning sensation in my right extremeties....my right arm and leg. In addition, I also feel weaker on my right side than on my left. Ironically, my right side is more muscular than my left.

I have seen a neurologist, and have had an MRI of the brain and neck done, and both tests came back negative.

Nonetheless, the pain continues, and no one has been able to provide me with an answer. I also get muscle twitching that occurs sporadically and is not confined to any one particular area. Again all of this is very weird and slightly frightening to me, as I do not know what is going on.

I'm in Miami, FL, and I'm thinking maybe I should see an Orthopedic doctor that specializes in Scoliosis cases.

If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a friend in Florida who had revision surgery last July by Dr. Michael O'Brien in Miami. She is 54 years old. She said he is wonderful and she is so pleased with the results of her surgery.

Chris

Comment

Working...
    X