Acupuncture for real.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acupuncture for real.

I have several Chinese friends who have told me for years that I should try acupuncture for my back pain. I've always thought about it, but I never really wanted to.

Several weeks ago, my husband wanted to try some acupuncture for his carpel tunnel so I gave him the phone number for a friend who opened his own clinic last year. We went together and my friend talked me into getting a treatment for my back at the same time my husband got treatment for his hands.

Now I have gone back 3 times--I'm told that for chronic back pain, I will need 10 treatments minimum to get relief. Regular treatments will probably help to maintain a lower pain level.

So here is the crazy part. I think it might be working. Last week I was miserable. This week, I feel better. I still take my pain meds, but I think there is improvement.

I always hear of people trying acupuncture, but not over a long period of time and not for chronic pain. I'm just curious what others have experienced.

I did an 8 week course of acupuncture about 7-8 years ago. I also got relief, but I discovered that it was very temporary. I'd feel good for a day or two after the treatment, then I would slowly return to my previous state. I hope you find more lasting results.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

At 21yrs old i could barely walk due to chronic back pain. I was sent for accupuncture on NHS, I wouldn't have gone if i'd had to pay as i truly did not believe it could work...once that course finished my life was turned round...i couldn't believe the effects, my pain was halved within a month. I now pay for it as i only got 6 sessions free. I think i will always have it now, just once a month or so, as it keeps my pain under control (along with other things) and it is extremely relaxing!
      Everyone should try it!

Comment

Working...
      X