Post-Op question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Op question

Hi Ladies, I have a personal question for anyone that is willing to respond. I had my period in early Feb. I had my surgery Feb. 28 and I started the next day after surgery. How long did it take for you to be reagular after surgery and did anyone miss periods after surgery? I haven't started this month yet. I know the nurse told me that my hormones were out of whack because of the surgery, but I didn't know how long that it would last.

Thank you so much!!!

Hi

I was concerned about this too. I had my surgery in Jan this year and I have only just finished my first period since the op. I think it takes a while for your cycle to get back into sync after surgery.

Karen x
    Anterior surgery 18th Jan 07
    Fused from T8 to T12 with 2 ribs removed
    Surgery was done by Mr Harrison and his team at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, England
    Revision posterior surgery on 26th April 07 to remove protruding rib stumps
    No longer wearing a Stanmore custom hard backed brace
    Posterior surgery on 18th August 08 due to non fusion of first op and further kyphosis. Two rods from T2 to T12

Comment

Hi Amber,
      I did not have a period for about 2 1/2 months after my surgery. Since then they have been regular- I think most everyone goes 2-3 months without a period right after surgery.
      Cathie

Comment

I had my surgery in mid April and got my period the day before, even thought he surgery would have triggered it anyway. I did not get it again until July. As soon as I got off the pain meds and was able to eat properly, that's when I got my period regularly again. I think it's normal to not have it for a month or two afterwards. You could check with your doctor's office.
        Heather
        Surgery date: April 20, 2004
        Anterior/posterior surgery
        Fused T-11 to L-5
        Pre op lumbar curve: 70 degrees, thoracic curve: 42 degrees
        Post op lumbar curve: 19 degrees, thoracic curve: 18
        Surgeon: Dr. Boachie-Adjei
        Had successful pregnancy and birth 2 years post-op

Comment

hi amber,
          i had my period the week before my surgery and then it started again a couple days after surgery. after that i think it was 8 weeks before i got it again, and it lasted 22 days!!
          i'm hoping it will start to be normal soon (im 3 months post-op), but it is very normal to be irregular.
          lesly

Comment

Ladies, I appreciate all the responses!

Comment

As you have probably heard, surgery can bring on your period regardless of whether you are due for it. I got mine 2 days after surgery (at least I think it was two days, the first few days are a blur). I didn't get it again until I was 2 months post-op.

Ahh, the things we go through
              Brandi
              Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
              Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
              L1-S1
              Dr. William Lauerman
              Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
              Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
              http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
              X