PDA

View Full Version : Post-Op question

amber24
04-11-2007, 02:14 AM
Hi Ladies, I have a personal question for anyone that is willing to respond. I had my period in early Feb. I had my surgery Feb. 28 and I started the next day after surgery. How long did it take for you to be reagular after surgery and did anyone miss periods after surgery? I haven't started this month yet. I know the nurse told me that my hormones were out of whack because of the surgery, but I didn't know how long that it would last.

Thank you so much!!! :)

kazyn
04-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Hi

I was concerned about this too. I had my surgery in Jan this year and I have only just finished my first period since the op. I think it takes a while for your cycle to get back into sync after surgery.

Karen x

bsprings
04-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Hi Amber,
I did not have a period for about 2 1/2 months after my surgery. Since then they have been regular- I think most everyone goes 2-3 months without a period right after surgery.
Cathie

Heathmoose
04-11-2007, 08:58 AM
I had my surgery in mid April and got my period the day before, even thought he surgery would have triggered it anyway. I did not get it again until July. As soon as I got off the pain meds and was able to eat properly, that's when I got my period regularly again. I think it's normal to not have it for a month or two afterwards. You could check with your doctor's office.

Lesly
04-11-2007, 10:40 AM
hi amber,
i had my period the week before my surgery and then it started again a couple days after surgery. after that i think it was 8 weeks before i got it again, and it lasted 22 days!!
i'm hoping it will start to be normal soon (im 3 months post-op), but it is very normal to be irregular.
lesly

amber24
04-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Ladies, I appreciate all the responses! :)

bbest
04-12-2007, 09:08 AM
As you have probably heard, surgery can bring on your period regardless of whether you are due for it. I got mine 2 days after surgery (at least I think it was two days, the first few days are a blur). I didn't get it again until I was 2 months post-op.

Ahh, the things we go through :rolleyes: