Waiting for Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for Surgery

Hi - many of you know Jill, well after I showed her the website on the forum, she has run with it. Now that there are only three weeks until her surgery - I thought I'd say hello! I think this is a fabulous platform for patients and parents. Jill has gained so much from all of your great replies and advice. Thank you so much! Our hospital also has a family website that we have taken advantage of for friends and family to send well wishes. Once she has the surgery we will be able to post a quick note right at the hospital onto her website so our friends will know her up to the minute condition. I love reading all your posts. I will try to answer any questions once I get the hang of this site! Barb
    Jill's Mom - Surgery, Children's Memorial Hospital - June 4th, 2004

Hi mom! . Love you, thanks for all your support.
    ~Jill
    Surgery: June 4th, 2004
    Main curve: 44 degrees
    Location of Curve: Upper Right Part of Back
    Surgery Type: Posterior
    T4-T12

Comment

Jill,
      I hope you have a speedy recovery! I'll be praying 4 u!

What are your curves?

Comment

I have one curve in the upper right part of my back, and the degree is 42 or so. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers.
        T4-T12

Comment

We'll be sending our best speedy recovery cyber vibes your way on June 4. Let us know if you have any other questions.
          Carmell
          mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Thank you so much. I will let you know if I do.
            ~jill
            T4-T12

Comment

Jill,
              Are you exited?

Comment

Yeah, actually I am excited. I can not wait to have a straight (straighter) spine, and I can't wait to get rid of my brace! I am not too nervous either. I have been doing track to keep in shape and I am mentally prepared. I understand that it will be painful but I am prepared for the worst. Thanks for asking.
                T4-T12

Comment

Carmell's Website

What a wonderful family you have and what a fabulous website. I am so glad I visited it. Your kids are great and Braydon is a real trooper. Your family and his surgeries give me strength to get through Jill's surgery. Thank you for sharing your family, your stories, and your lives with us! Barb

Comment

Barb - thanks for your kind words. I appreciate them very much.

We'll be thinking of you and Jill on June 4. I'm sure she will do fine. It's those first few days post-op that she'll think she's been run over by a Mack truck, but, if she can stay focused on the outcome, everyday you'll see improvement. I'm glad she (and you) understand that this isn't a little procedure. It is HUGE! Knowing as much about what to expect is good - sugar-coating isn't healthy, IMHO. I'm just glad that we can share experiences. I learn so much from all the members of this board and the other lists I belong to. Good luck (again) and know we'll be sending our best your way!
                    Carmell
                    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Carmell

Thanks again

Comment

Jill,
                        You seem like a very strong girl! I'm glad your not like all upset! I know i would be. It takes alot not to be worried.

Like I said ,have a speedy recovery!

God Bless,
                        ~~~Bekah~~~

Comment

Dear OneofFive1 and Carmell,
                          Thank you very much for your kind words.
                          ~Jill K.
                          T4-T12

Comment

Hey Jill, I wish you all the best for your upcoming surgery, I hope that it goes well, try not to worry...
                            I will be thinking and praying for you.
                            ~*Abbi*~

Comment

Thanks a lot!
                              ~Jill
                              T4-T12

Comment

Working...