PDA

View Full Version : Surgery Date Scheduled

MishP
03-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

I went to see Dr. Boachie on March 12 and he, of course, recommended surgery. My curve has progressed further to 115*T and 85*L. He said if I don't have the surgery, then my breathing will continue to be compromised and I could end up on oxygen at some point. After a couple of weeks thinking about it, I scheduled my surgery for Wednesday, September 12.

I feel very confident in Dr. Boachie, but of course I'm pretty scared and nervous. It's the unknown and unexpected that I don't do well with!

Please send good thoughts my way for the next six months! :o

Cina2005
03-29-2007, 08:06 PM
Hey MishP

Good luck with the surgery later this year. Hope it all goes well for you. I'm due for surgery sometimes this year but I dont know when. like in your case, both my curves continued to progress to 1 - 2 dgrees a year.

Once again good luck and i hope it works out for you.

Jacinta

Houston Curves
03-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Good Luck Mish P!!!

Ann

bsprings
03-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi MishP,
I had surgery with Dr. Boachie in December and my curves were severe also-(100 deg and a very severe kyphosis too). He is amazing-you are in great hands. I am recovering well-it is a slow road but every week I see improvements. Let me know if you want my email address- (PM me) If you have any questions I would be glad to help.
Cathie

Singer
03-30-2007, 06:31 AM
Mish,

The good thing about Dr. Boachie is, he has so much experience with severe curves like yours. It's all in a day's work for him. I'm glad you're having the surgery -- it's obviously the right thing for you.

Good thoughts and best wishes,

flowerpower
03-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Prayers & good wishes to you on your upcoming surgery. Make the most of this timeby preparing your body physically and mentally, and take the time to enjoy activities you may not be able to do for a while. Take care-

Renee

lelc2002@yahoo
03-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Mish----it was so good to meet you & Martha.....& hope we meet again in May...keep in touch....you are doing the right thing! I cannot tell you how fantastic I feel these days....unreal!!!!!!!!!!! I suppose I did'nt realize how truly bad I really felt for years prior to this surgery..........Ly
ps...I made my surgery date a month after my initial appmt too..... :)
pss. this forum will give you the support you need....

bbest
03-31-2007, 03:23 PM
Mish -

You will be in extremely qualified hands. I don't have to tell you Boachie is one of the very best in the field. It is normal to be scared and anxious, but try to focus on the postitives. It sounds obvious, but worry won't change anything. Think of how much the quality of your life will improve after surgery. In the near future, it will all be behind you and the next chapter of your life will be just beginning.

Best of luck,
Brandi

Heathmoose
03-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Mish...as another patient of Dr. Boachie, I think you are in good hands. I felt very comfortable with him and scheduled my surgery a week after seeing him for the first time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask...especially as it gets closer to your surgery date. Good luck!

MishP
04-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and encouragement! This site has been such a Godsend!

Good luck to those of you scheduled for surgery before or after me as well!