Scoliosis Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis Survey

Hello. I am a grade eight student and I am currently conducting a science experiment for my school science fair. I would like to test a theory about scoliosis that I am interested in and I need some volunteers. I want to find out if there is a connection between the heights of parents and/or grandparents that leads to scoliosis. I have created a survey that would help me find the answer to my question. Please fill out the following survey and answer ALL the questions! An incomplete survey will not help! Thanks again. Your response is greatly appreciated!

~Suena~

Scoliosis Patient Survey

Date Diagnosed: _________________

Treatment Needed to Correct Scoliosis: ____________________

Height: _________

Degree of Scoliosis: ______________

Parental Information

How tall is your father? _______ Did your father have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________ _________________________________

How tall is your mother? _______ Did your mother have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________ _________________________________

How tall is your paternal grandfather? _______ Did your paternal grandfather have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _________________________________________

How tall is your paternal grandmother? _______ Did your paternal grandmother have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________________________________

How tall is your maternal grandfather? _______ Did your maternal grandfather have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _________________________________________

How tall is your maternal grandmother? _______ Did your maternal grandmother have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _____________________________________

Sueña (noun)
    Pronunciation Ss-way-na
    Name Orgin Spanish meaning "Dream"
    1. 14 yr. old girl living in Canada
    2. Loves Tinkerbell, the movie The Guardian, Caribbean cruises, the ocean and dolphins.
    3. Swimming, running and hockey are my fav. sports.
    4. Diagnosed with a 27 degree curve. (Father had 70*)
    5. Still waiting for appointment with orthopaedic surgeon.

Survey for the Science Project

Originally posted by Suena
    Hello. I am a grade eight student and I am currently conducting a science experiment for my school science fair. I would like to test a theory about scoliosis that I am interested in and I need some volunteers. I want to find out if there is a connection between the heights of parents and/or grandparents that leads to scoliosis. I have created a survey that would help me find the answer to my question. Please fill out the following survey and answer ALL the questions! An incomplete survey will not help! Thanks again. Your response is greatly appreciated!

~Suena~

Scoliosis Patient Survey

Date Diagnosed: _1960________________

Treatment Needed to Correct Scoliosis: _milwaukee brace___________________

Height: _5'5"________

Degree of Scoliosis: _48/50_____________

Parental Information

How tall is your father? ___6'2"____ Did your father have scoliosis? (N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________ _________________________________

How tall is your mother? __5'5"_____ Did your mother have scoliosis? ( N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________ _________________________________

How tall is your paternal grandfather? __6'2"_____ Did your paternal grandfather have scoliosis? ( N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _________________________________________

How tall is your paternal grandmother? ____5"4"___ Did your paternal grandmother have scoliosis? (Y ) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _____unknown degree and no treatment___________________________

How tall is your maternal grandfather? __6"5"_____ Did your maternal grandfather have scoliosis? ( N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _________________________________________

How tall is your maternal grandmother? __5"4"_____ Did your maternal grandmother have scoliosis? ( N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _____________________________________

Good luck with your survey and your science experiment

Sueña (noun)
    Pronunciation Ss-way-na
    2. Loves Tinkerbell, the movie The Guardian, Caribbean cruises, the ocean and dolphins.

I wish you the very best in your project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Date Diagnosed: ____march2007

Treatment Needed to Correct Scoliosis: __Boston brace

Height: ___4'11''

Degree of Scoliosis: ___8/20/32

Parental Information

How tall is your father? __6'2'' Did your father have scoliosis? (N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________ _________________________________

How tall is your mother? _5'2'' Did your mother have scoliosis? (Y) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _no treatment__

How tall is your paternal grandfather? _5'10'' Did your paternal grandfather have scoliosis? ( N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _________________________________________

How tall is your paternal grandmother? __5'2'' Did your paternal grandmother have scoliosis? ( N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________________________________

How tall is your maternal grandfather? _6'2''______ Did your maternal grandfather have scoliosis? ( N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _________________________________________

How tall is your maternal grandmother? _5'0''______ Did your maternal grandmother have scoliosis? (Y ) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _nothing_

hope this helps you
      ~scoliosisat12~
      Jodi Lynn
      Milwaukee Brace from age 11-13
      Surgery June 30th (age 14)
      Now 16 and as happy as ever
      *Brace Yourself*

Comment

Scoliosis Patient Survey

Date Diagnosed: ______August 2005___________

Treatment Needed to Correct Scoliosis: _______providence brace 2 months,(got worst), boston brace since (no correction, yet not worst)

Height: ___5'4''______

Degree of Scoliosis: ______52L/40T________

Parental Information

How tall is your father? _____6'__ Did your father have scoliosis? (N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________ _________________________________

How tall is your mother? ____5'7''___ Did your mother have scoliosis? (N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________ _________________________________

How tall is your paternal grandfather? __about 6' (died when my mom was 13)Did your paternal grandfather have scoliosis? (N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _________________________________________

How tall is your paternal grandmother? ___5'7''____ Did your paternal grandmother have scoliosis? (N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________________________________

How tall is your maternal grandfather? __6'_____ Did your maternal grandfather have scoliosis? (N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _________________________________________

How tall is your maternal grandmother? ___5'6''____ Did your maternal grandmother have scoliosis? (N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _____________________________________

I dont know if this helps but here you go
        Mák Veronika
        14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
        40T
        54L
        +rotation
        Boston Brace since December 2005
        Location in Florida

I play flute.
        I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

Scoliosis Patient Survey

Date Diagnosed: summer 1994

Treatment Needed to Correct Scoliosis: Milwaukee brace 23 hours a day for two years, & then just at night for the next seven years. By 2003, I switched to the Charleston bending brace at night, which I wore for almost two years. I've been out of a brace since 2005 with visits to my doctor every 6 months

Height: 5'6"

Degree of Scoliosis: when I was diagnosed it was around 18 degrees & throught the years it jumped up & down & now it's pretty much stayed at 20 degrees

Parental Information

How tall is your father? 5'5" Did your father have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________ _________________________________

How tall is your mother? about 5'9" Did your mother have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________ _________________________________

How tall is your paternal grandfather? over 6ft Did your paternal grandfather have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _________________________________________

How tall is your paternal grandmother? over 6ft Did your paternal grandmother have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________________________________

How tall is your maternal grandfather? about 5ft Did your maternal grandfather have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _________________________________________

How tall is your maternal grandmother? maybe 5'5ish Did your maternal grandmother have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _____________________________________

Good luck with your project!

Comment

Scoliosis Patient Survey

Date Diagnosed: ____Jan 07_____________

Treatment Needed to Correct Scoliosis: ____watching & waiting_______

Height: ______44 inc___

Degree of Scoliosis: _______"mild"____around 15%___

Parental Information

How tall is your father? __5'6_____ Did your father have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ___n_____ _________________________________

How tall is your mother? __5'5_____ Did your mother have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ______no__ _________________________________

How tall is your paternal grandfather? ___5'7____ Did your paternal grandfather have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ___________n______________________________

How tall is your paternal grandmother? __5.3_____ Did your paternal grandmother have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _____n___________________________

How tall is your maternal grandfather? ___5'10____ Did your maternal grandfather have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _________________________________________

How tall is your maternal grandmother? __5'1_____ Did your maternal grandmother have scoliosis? (Y N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? __yes--unknown__________________

Comment

Scoliosis Patient Survey

Date Diagnosed: March 16, 2007

Treatment Needed to Correct Scoliosis: Waiting for that answer
              Height: 5 Foot 5 1/2 inches

Degree of Scoliosis: 13*

Parental Information

How tall is your father? 5 Foot 9 Did your father have scoliosis? (N)

How tall is your mother? 5 Foot 6 Did your mother have scoliosis? (N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given?

How tall is your paternal grandfather?5 Foot 7 Did your paternal grandfather have scoliosis? (N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given?

How tall is your paternal grandmother? 5 Foot 4 Did your paternal grandmother have scoliosis? (N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given?

How tall is your maternal grandfather? 5 Foot 8 Did your maternal grandfather have scoliosis? (N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given?

How tall is your maternal grandmother? 5 Foot 3 Did your maternal grandmother have scoliosis? (N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given?
              My name is Justine
              I am 17 years old
              I live in Canada
              March 2007 - 13 degree curvature
              June 2007 - 28.5 degree curvature
              January 2008 - 27 degree curvature
              CHEO June 26th

Comment

Date Diagnosed: ________2/06_________

Treatment Needed to Correct Scoliosis: bOSTON bRACE____________________

Height: _______4'4__

Degree of Scoliosis: ______43________

Parental Information

How tall is your father? ____5'10___ Did your father have scoliosis? ( N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________ _________________________________

How tall is your mother? _____5'4__ Did your mother have scoliosis? N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________ _________________________________

How tall is your paternal grandfather? ____5'11___ Did your paternal grandfather have scoliosis? ( N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _________________________________________

How tall is your paternal grandmother? ____5'9___ Did your paternal grandmother have scoliosis? ( N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? ________________________________

How tall is your maternal grandfather? _____6'__ Did your maternal grandfather have scoliosis? ( N) If so what was his degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _________________________________________

How tall is your maternal grandmother? ___5'7____ Did your maternal grandmother have scoliosis? ( N) If so what was her degree of curvarute and what treatment was given? _____________________________________

Sueña (noun)
                Pronunciation Ss-way-na
                Mother of Nichole 12yrs old and Madison 4yrs old

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Thank you very much everyone for all your support with my project! Your responses to my survey ment alot! I received a silver medal at my regional science fair! My project couldn't have been possible without your help! Thanks again!

~Suena~

Sueña (noun)
                  Pronunciation Ss-way-na
                  Name Origin: Spanish meaning "Dream"
                  5. Appointment with orthopaedic surgeon on May 3rd!

Comment

Working...
                  X