Preparing for Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing for Surgery

I am new to the Forum and will most likely be having anterior and posterior surgery in early summer. My surgeon will be Dr. Jeffrey Stambough in Cincinnati, Ohio. The surgery will be from T9 to the pelvic area. I am very confident in Dr. Stambough's ability and would like to hear from others who might have had an experience with him. I logged on for the first time yesterday, and so far have enjoyed what I have read. I would greatly appreciate any feedback, advice, and information that anyone can pass on to me. I am 4'9" (once upon a time I was 4'11"). I'm 47 years old and looking forward to stopping the progression and gaining height!
    A/P Surgery June 19 & 26 2007
    T9 to Sacrum
    Dr. Jeffrey Stambough~Deaconess Hospital
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Sue~48 yrs. old

Hey shorty!! It's great to have someone on the forum who's actually got me beat in the vertically-challenged department (I'm 4-10)! Did you ever think you'd live to see the day when 4-11 seemed TALL??

Welcome!
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Hi Shorty,

Welcome to this forum!!! I hope you find the same comfort and support that I have gotten from being here!!!

The best advice I can give to you is to read through some of the older posts to get an idea of what you may have to go through, when you have the time.

But I have found that there is no better place to express any kind of fears and concerns or questions about this surgery!!!

And to be honest, you will not find a more caring and supportive group of people anywhere!!! This forum is a place where you can express any fears, concerns and just your thoughts, than here.

It's been a life saver for me!!!

My best advice is to share, but don't compare, because even though we all have the same condition, none of us are exactly the same!!! So take bits and pieces of what we all say.

But everyone here is there for you!!!

Shari

Comment

Working...
      X