seeking info re: pregnancy & scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeking info re: pregnancy & scoliosis

I am new on this forum. I am 30 years old, and have severe scoliosis with metal rods in my spine. I have had a total of 5 major surgeries from the time of age 9 to age 18. I have been practicing yoga for the past 10 years which has helped tremendously with the pain.
    I am writing to put the question out to see if anyone knows if there are obstetricians who specialize in scoliosis. I am also wondering if there are any women who have gone through pregnancy with severe scoliosis, and what there experience has been. I am not pregnant as of now, but hope to be in the next 6 months.

Thanks,
    anneli

Do a search

Anneli,
    On the top of the page, under "Search" type in pregnancy and you'll see lots of discussion about this topic. Good luck!
    LYNN
    1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
    2000 Partial Rod Removal
    2001 Right Scapular Resection
    12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
    06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you Lynn for directing me to the place for information. It really helps to hear the experiences of others and to know that there are people out there with the same situations.
      Much appreciated!!!

Comment

Working...
      X