Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Surgery April 4th.... MYELOGRAM

First of all I am VERY VERY nervous!!!!
    I am having mini "anixety attacks" heart rate goes up.... palms sweat... etc...
    If you have any "preop suggestions" I would be glad to hear them..
    for example... how many days b4 surgery did you take off of work?... For those of you who have children, how did you tell them about it?? How do you explain it to them??
    also when you talk about a lot of pain before surgery.. what kind of pain are you talking about... did any of you also expirience leg, hip, arm and neck pain????
    Also Please help me with the question below:
    I just had a myelogram yesterday and and feel sick.. very icky...
    is this normal??

Thanks
    Paula
    Last edited by ChefPaula1965; 03-23-2007, 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    Me: almost 43 .........
    scoli since age 6.. milwaukee brace 10 years
    surgery 04/04/2007 ...
    13 verterbrae w/ rib recession ...
    1 year post op.. feeling MUCH better.. still rib and shoulder paid but no back pain!!

Hi Paula, Usually a myelogram can cause headaches. You need to drink lots of fluids. You can go to spine-health.com for a bit of info. I had a discogram not a myelogram but I did know this small piece of info and wanted to let you know. Call the Dr's office where you had it done for more info or what to watch out for. I hope you feel better.

Comment

Hi Paula,

I quit work 10 days before my surgery. But I was scared to death about it way before then. I think working kept my mind off of it, but when someone wanted to talk to me about it, there were times I couldn't do talk about it.

I don't have children, so I can't help you with that, but there are many here that can.

As far as the pain, it increased over a period of about 5 years. I had some pain before that, but then it got to the point that it affected my work. I could not physically do what I was able to do before.

Shari

Comment

You need to talk with your doctor about the anxiety. I started losing it about a week prior to my surgery and they gave me Xanex which really helped a lot. If nothing else you can sleep. I didn't have any problems from the myelogram so can't relate to that. Just try to remember (and I know it's very hard to do) but most of what your mind is thinking is a lot worse that what the actual surgery is. The thing I have been surprised at is how long it is going to take to really recover. It's not pain but just slow healing and getting back to the routine.
        Linda G.

Comment

Working...
        X