PDA

View Full Version : Milestone

dawney
03-22-2007, 10:19 AM
I am almost 7 months post op and feeling very good. I am a manager in a store and always dressed in skirts and heels for work. Thigh his don't really work that well. Since it has been getting a little nicer in the weather department I have really wanted to wear a skirt but have not been able to put pantyhose on.
Finally on Monday I did it. I was so excited because I really didn't think I would ever be able to put them on again.
Also if this time last year someone told me I would be this excited over putting pantyhose on I would think they were nuts!

Cakedec
03-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Yes, that's great, and did you notice that it's also getting easier to bend down to shave the legs before putting the pantyhose on!!!

Deb
Surgery 7/24/06
T5-L5

loiskerr
03-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Super! you go. I will look for this mile stone. Lois :p

Suzy
03-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Good job Dawn! I too remember that one. You are going to keep on finding you can do things you could do before. Some you won't think about untill later and then you will smile to yourself and think how far you have come. I am so happy to know you are doing so well. Best wishes.

lelc2002@yahoo
03-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Great news Dawn!!!! I'm thking I was 7 mos post-op but I'm 8 by then of this month! I noticed a big difference the last few weeks....I feel great and was just out riding my bicycle...very carefully,though,,,no hills!!!!Lynne :)

ps. I'm just dying to rollerblade,.....I know---forget it!...Maybe by Sept?? :)
http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com

Shari
03-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Hi Dawn,

Congratulations on that milestone!!! That's a good one. I was excited the first time I was able to cut my toenails. There were more than that, but the toenails seem to stick out the most.

Shari

abhbarry
03-23-2007, 08:31 AM
That's great Dawn! I remember your posts going into surgery 7 months ago, and am so excited that you are doing so well!

Best,
Anya

kazyn
03-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Congratulations. Isn't it funny how the small things are so exciting to us, when before they were just mundane.

bbest
03-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Dawn-

Sounds like you are doing great. I know the feeling! Here's to milestones! :)

Brandi

shelley
03-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Congratulations, Dawn. Sounds like you're making an excellent recovery.

Shelley

sai
04-15-2007, 03:55 PM
lol this post made me smile

i think we all appreciate things after we are uanble to do them...but for how long? we should always appreciate them

you go girl!!