Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here needs advice!

Hi everyone

Its been 5 years since i noticed that i had scoliosis. Its gotten a bit worse since then as i have gained a lot of weight. I was a thin guy when i was a teen but now at age 24 im a bit chubby. This slight overweight makes my hips look a lot uneven. Im thinking its not to bad because people can't tell i have scoliosis when i have a shirt on. It doesnt hurt at all.
    The thing is i want to return to my old shape, so im planning on dieting and getting on a gym. So i have two questions:

1) Can i train normaly at the gym, meaning weight lifting, cardio, running and all that or is it dangerous to weight lift because my spine may get worse?

2) if i do get to lose a lot of weight, will the uneveness of my hips decrease in some way?

Thanks to all

Mullen.

I would go to your doctor before starting an exercise plan. As far as the uneven hips go, my daughter is slender and her waist is very noticably uneven. Your losing weight isn't going to change that. Sorry. I was actually thinking that if Nicole gained some weight it would be less noticable. I guess neither thinking is correct.
    Melissa
    From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
    Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Hey,
      I'm pretty thin and my spine isn't too noticablely curved but my sisters is very noticable. Mine is thoracic and hers is lumber. Mine however has caused me 10 years of pain and probs where as she forgets she even has scoliosis.
      I'm glad mine isn't too obvious but i just wish the pain would stop.

Comment

Working...
      X