Sleeping positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping positions

I have read that many of you can sleep on your side. I can lay on one side for a short time because I am in more pain when I get up and when I turn to get up. But recently I tried to lay on the other side (that was very painful to lay on before) I was okay for a little while and then the room started spinning and when I tried to lay on the other side (that usually isn't too bad) now made the room spin.
    Has anyone experienced what I have?

Sue

Sue,

I wasn't able to sleep on either side for months. It was actually harder to lay on the side that didn't have the anterior incision. It was like I couldn't breathe if I laid on that side. Laying on the side with the incision just took some careful turning. I would lay for just minutes at a time just to see how it went.
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

hi

after surgery i experienced the spinning affect quite a lot and when i mentioned it to the consultant he said that my body was still in recovery and it would pass with time...whih it has.

so dont worry too much, it is a lot that our bodies have to go through so they are just catching up

Comment

Working...
      X