61/2 mths post-op...I feel great!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61/2 mths post-op...I feel great!!!!

I had my 6 mth check-up yesterday & being that I fell in February, I was quite a nervous wreck, sweaty palms & all! The x-rays showed all was in place & the fusion is good & solid. Now the bone growth will start. My curve is held at the same(60) reduced originally from 95. My upper curve is 50. I asked if that would change & told no. I can ride my bike carefully if I want. I can garden by using a small stool. I asked about golf lessons in the summer but was told I can only do putting....! Oh well....& no rollerblading!
    To all you soon to have surgery, I'm another who is extremely thankful to have had this done. I feel wonderful at this milestone point! I still must be careful lifting & I'm well aware of that but all in all I feel like I look way better(no hump) & breathe better....all my digestive problems are history.....Lynne
    http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com
    fused T-11 to L-5-Aug 2006

Great News!

Lynne - Great news. Your posting I'm sure will help others as they are facing upcoming surgery. Take care, Lynn
    1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
    2000 Partial Rod Removal
    2001 Right Scapular Resection
    12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
    06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Yeah Lynne!!
      I can't wait til I'm 6 months out-I do think it takes that long to feel normal again. I probably won't feel REALLY normal til I can crawl back on one of my horses, but that will be a year. . patience!!
      Cathie

Comment

That's great news, Lynne! You'll be rollerblading in no time. It's great you can get back into your garden again. Hummingbirds out yet?
        Brandi
        Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
        Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
        L1-S1
        Dr. William Lauerman
        Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
        Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
        http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

That's great news Lynne!!! I'm glad you're feeling good. Isn't it amazing how you look back now at when you were first recovering and realize how far you've come? Way to go Lynne!

Comment

yea, I said I wanted a certificate to frame that said "you made it, you've passed the course"! Onward!!!!

Comment

Super news, Lynne!

Good luck on your recovery from here on. I hope you get to roller blade soon. My daughter and I are avid fans of roller blading and I can't wait to get back to it with her after the surgery.

Sam

Comment

Lynne,
                Good to hear how great your doing at 6 months. Since I fell and broke my hip it has slowed my recovery some but next month will be 4 months out and I will be getting out of my brace. That is another big step. I too am so happy I had this done. I feel like I have a new body and I am pretty much pain free but still on meds. That is the next thing I want to start weaning off of. I am tired of the drugs. Take care and just rejoice at how wonderful it is to be 6 months down the road.
                Linda G.

Comment

Yea Lynne!!

You go girl! I told you you would do wonderful. I laughed about you asking about rollerblading, you are only 6 1/2 months out!! You need to wait till 1 year like the rest of us!! Nice try........ I saw a hummingbird ink stamp today and thought of you. Funny that Brandi and I associate you and hummingbirds in the same thought. Mine aren't out yet and it was 83* here yesterday! I think they are confused, calender says March, temp is Summer.

As to looking better, I raise my glass to you. Here's to having even curves, womanly ones. Just think, no problem picking out a swim suit for the Summer. (Or for the Hyatt!) Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                  X