PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary

mariaf
03-10-2007, 09:47 AM
I just wanted to share with everyone that today is exactly three years since David's surgery.

I just couldn't let the day go by without acknowledging it :)

As many of you know, he had the vertebral stapling procedure performed at Shriners Hospital in Philadelphia on March 10, 2004. In some ways it seems like yesterday - and then in other ways it seems like we have known those great folks at Shriners forever!

I also want to say that I am very grateful for the wonderful friends I have made on this forum.

Spencer's Dad
03-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Maria,

Congratulations on the anniversary. It is a big thing and definitely worthy of acknowledgment.

It's sad that scoli is what has brought all of us here together, but at the same time happy that it brought all of us here together. Don't know if that make sense to anyone else, but for me it is one of those bitter sweet things? I love all my new scoli friends, but hate scoli.

Anyway, MariaF, I'm glad that scoli brought you here because your calm head and rational advice have helped me and many other people. So way to go on the three year anniversary and here's to many many more.

Robert

mariaf
03-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks so much, Robert.

And I know EXACTLY what you mean about it all being bittersweet!

MATJESNIC
03-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Maria,

I am glad that David has those three years behind him. That is a great accomplishment. I wish him much happiness and good health in the years to come.

Melissa

Celia
03-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Maria,

May the years ahead be as joyful and filled with good news!

((((hugs)))))

mariaf
03-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks guys!

And you know I truly wish the same health and happiness to your children as well - always!

We may all be following different paths of treatment for our kids - and even sometimes differ in our opinions - but I want nothing more than the best possible outcome for ALL of our kids.

malka22
04-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Amen!!! I, too, take this opportunity to wish you & David & your entire family a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY on his vertebral stapling. May he be happy & healthy forever more!!!

mariaf
04-30-2007, 09:34 AM
That's very sweet of you to remember!

Thanks, Martha!!

chic xx chic
04-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Happy Anniversary. :)