Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my kids check up results

Hi,
    I just want to say thank you to all the replys I got from my first message. I had so many more questions for my doctor this time around. My 3 month old son Phillip went to the doctors and he has a 44 degree curve in his upper back and it is progressive. My 2 yr old has a 40 degree curve. Both are considered progressive, and if anyone can help me with this one, both of my kids ribs are beginning to twist and protrude on the side of the curve. Can this be corrected?
    My daughter Ysabella gets her brace on June 9, and Phillip gets his on July 7. Is this too early he will only be 5 months old!
    I can't help but feel guilty because I'm their mom and it was my genes that made them.

I would just like to add neither of my children have any other problems except they both have Duane's Syndrome which prevents their eyes from moving to the outside corner of their sockets. If any one has ever heard of this any info would be appreciated. Once again thank you for the replys.

Tara

hi,

i noticed that you haven't gotten any replies. first off, don't feel guilty. just go forward and get the best treatment that you can find. even if that means, getting 2nd and 3rd opinions. i know, easier said than done . . .

anyway, i remember another poster on another discussion board mentioning that her daughter had duane's syndrome. i had e-mailed her when i found out my son who was 18 mo at the time had infantile scoliosis. she was really nice and had a lot of information. she used to post on the yahoo groups/scoliosis in children board http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...s-in-children/

she posts under the name Roger & Monique Byrne, and her daughter's name is Maddie. I don't think that she's posted in a long time, but you can e-mail her from the site (although you won't be able to see her e-mail address). Look at some of the early posts.

i hope that helps!

deshea & lucas
    mom to lucas 6 1/2 yrs old with infantile scoliosis diagnosed at 18 mos 68o/45o;
    spinal detethering due to a tight/fatty filum at 22 mos;
    tlso and charleston brace from 18 mos to 2 1/2 yrs old at children's boston, ma;
    serial plaster casting from 2 1/2 until 4 1/2 at shriners in erie, pa;
    now in a spinecor brace at 21o/19o from montreal. next appt. sept 2008
    and ruby (3 1/2 yrs old and a handful!)
    north of boston, ma

Comment

Hi Tara, (Thanks Deshea for bumping this post up)...

How is the bracing going for your daughter? What did the ortho say about both of your kids (besides their scoliosis is progressive)? Do they have congenital bone malformations, or are their spines well-formed, just curved and unstable? What is the doc recommending besides bracing and observation?

I hope you are doing well. It's emotionally hard to deal with sometimes, but I'm sure you will do great. Let me know if you'd like to hear more of our experiences with scoliosis (two of my three children have scoliosis). My email address is boulderfam@hotmail.com I wish you the best!
      Carmell
      mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

My two kids too

Hi Tara,

Hey, I have two kids with scoliosis too. My kids (4 and 1 years) have a fairly severe congenital form. Several of their thoracic (all?) vertebrae are missing pedicles, or the side growth plate, I think only on one side. At any rate, we've used bracing to prevent progress. The older one has just had VEPTR surgery. You can explore that option at www.veptr.com if surgery is a consideration.

Susan
        Surattius
        Mum to two boys with scoliosis

Comment

Working...
        X