Spinal Fusion almost 7 mths post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinal Fusion almost 7 mths post op

I had my surgery in August with Dr. Keith Bridwell(Truely is one of the "top doctors in America!!") and I go back for a check up in April. but lately i have been having this sharp pain between my shoulder blade and my scar. The trainer at my school said it might be scar tissue and my mom says a muscle. I was wondering if any one had this type of pain or could answer any questions as to why it is like this.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by SpinalFusion07; 03-01-2007, 07:41 PM.

does it feel like a muscle pain or a bone on bone pain?

Comment

hmm..i guess more muscular. but its weird i haven't had any pain there for a few days. i tried find information but i couldn't come up with anything. so i might wait until my appointment in april to say something...is that ok?

Comment

I have those pains too!!!

Don't worry. They're normal. I can't believe your doctor didn't tell you about that though. I had surgery a little over two years ago and I still have it sometimes. They told me not to be alarmed and to expect it. What causes it is the muscles trying to wake up and have feeling again. I still have some areas of my back that I don't have feeling in yet. Take notice that the areas where you have the sharp pains will probably start having more feeling within a week or so (or possibly sooner). Don't worry!!! Even though it may hurt periodically, it's actually a good thing!!!
        Dawn
        Upper Curve Pre-op 50 Post-op 25
        Lower Curve Pre-op 45 Post-op 27

surgery on November 30, 2004

Fusion from T2-L2

Thoracoscopy on upper curve

Dr. Alexis Shelokov
        Consulting Orthapedists
        Plano, Texas

Comment

Working...
        X