nicole had surgery 4 days ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nicole had surgery 4 days ago

This is Nicoles dad and just wanted to let everyone know she had surgery on feb.21st and everything went great.It took about four hours and she just came home today.She is doing very well and it was not as bad as we thought it would be.the waiting while she was in surgery was hard on us because you dont know whats going on and how long it going to be but when we saw her it was alot better. her curves were 34 upper and 40 lower she had spine fussion T-11 to L-2 we saw her xrays after surgery and her spine looks perfectly straight.the second day in the hospital she was already up and standing. and after the tubes and wires were off she was walking and eating.She has a little pain or discomfort from where the incison is but other that she is fine.just happy she is home and any little pain is taken care by the pain medication.
    thank everyone for your help and support

it's good to hear she's doing well! How old is she?
    aBbiE
    22 yr old F,KU college student
    Kyphoscoliosis...
    Scoliosis (25T, 23L) diagnosed @ 14 yrs old; curves June 08 were 45T, 32L with 18 degree rotation
    Kyphosis of 65 degrees...
    I am missing a lumbar vertebrae

Surgery 6/30/2008 with Dr. Lawrence Lenke
    Fused T2-L2

before/after pics
    all smiles!

Comment

she is 12 years old and found out only about 6 weeks ago she had scoliosis

Comment

Wow - only six weeks between diagnosis and surgery? That's fast! I thought I was moving quickly after finding out about my scoliosis in April/May 2006, and having surgery in January 2007. Congratulations to her on a successful surgery.

Comment

I know it happened so fast, Her doctor wanted to do it before it got worse
          and she was having alot of lower back pain.
          thanks

Comment

Great to hear of Nicole's surgery. Who was the surgeon?

My 12 yr old daughter is scheduled for a surgery in June as well.

Sam

Comment

she got surgery for 34 over 40?

mines 40 over 40.

how old is she?

and i wish her lots of luck on recovering!

get well soon nicole. =]
              i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Comment

Aww glad to hear it went really well !!
                She was only in hospital for a few days? Blimey, i got kept in for 10days

Comment

Surgery soon

Hi Nicole's Dad and everyone,

Thanks for the encouraging messages.

I'm new to this forum - mum of Annie (14 yrs old), 61 thoracic/41 lumbar, surgery scheduled for March 23rd 07 in Birmingham, UK. We were "watching and waiting" until her thoracic curve worsened 21 degrees in 3 months..... hence surgery ! Annie's being really positive - it's me that is struggling with the idea of the risks of surgery and the restrictions on her future activity. So to hear how well Nicole has done is very encouraging.

And special thanks to Linda Racine for her care and sensible advice on this forum.

Anyone out there in the English Midlands like us?
                  Hey Ho !
                  I'm Annie--->
                  This is not UKmum : it's her daughter but i'm using her account as mine is not working ---->
                  Well i'm 14, my curves are now 61 and 41 degrees,
                  i've never worn a brace and i'm having surgery on the 23rd this month.

I like kayaking, diving, swimming, rock climbing and playing/listening to all types of music.

Comment

Her doctor is Dr. Lonner in New York she was at Lenox Hill hospital and was in for 4 days after her surgery. thanks everyone for your concerns and wishes.

It was the same way for us we were so nervous, and she was fine with it.she got a little nervous when she had to go in that day but nothing like us. But everything went well and she is fine.The first few days home she had trouble getting comfortable. but it has been 9 days now since her surgery and she is just fine.
                    hope all goes well for you
                    Last edited by offroad44; 03-02-2007, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Nicole is 12 years old

Comment

congrats on such a succesful surgery! im glad she is doing so well and i hope her recovery is quick! i was just wonder, did you do the minimal invasive surgery? i think thats what it is called. i was wondering because i MIGHT have to have surgery thats not minimally invasive. i dont know yet im talking to my doctor SOON!!! hopefully...
                        Congradulations, again!

my name is molly
                        i am 15 and a sophmore in highschool
                        i got my back brace at age 13
                        i should stop wearing it REALLY soon
                        my curves are 38 and 43 degrees
                        i've had scoliosis since i was 7
                        my legs used to be uneven
                        but now they look much more balanced!
                        and hopefully my scoliosis will start to get better
                        Oh, and i'm raising a lamb. her name is Violet and she's super cute!

Comment

No she didn't have minimally invasive surgery, her doctor does that type of surgery but he said he was unable to do it on nicole. I think it was because of the location of her curve.she was fused from T-11 to L2.
                          everyday she seems to get better. we noticed her one shoulder is lower than the other when she walks.but i think she is doing that because of the incision on her side, so on monday i want ask the doctor about that.
                          dont know if anyone else has this problem.hope everthing goes well for you keep us informed.Everything is going to be fine.
                          thanks
                          VINCENT Nicoles dad

Comment

Working...
                          X