Being neurotic???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being neurotic???

Hi everyone. My 7-yr old Caitlyn was diagnosed about 1 month ago. I first noticed she was "crooked" in early Oct. She saw ortho last month and was diagnosed with "mild" left thoracic curve. She goes for MRI in mid March. But, last night as she was getting out of the tub, I noticed her back looked worse. Is it possible that the curve could progress in a month?? It almost looks like there is a new curve starting below (again very mild). Can a "c" curve turn into an "s" as they grow? She just went through a little growth spurt, but it seems weird for things to look that different--I'm really hoping I'm just being neurotic! Any thoughts on this or does anyone else have experience with really fast changes (or is it imagination running wild at this point?).

Curves can and do change fast at times.

But at the same time, our eyes are not always the best judge of what is going on.

An x-ray tells the story much better.

Yes, you are neurotic. We are all neurotic Moms aren't we?

I try not to analyze Nicole's back too much. As long as she is wearing her brace and we are going to the ortho as often as possible, I know that we will find out soon enough what is going on.

Good luck to you.
    Melissa
    From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
    Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Rachel's curve progressed 20 degrees with only 2 cm of growth, from 18 to 38 degrees in a few months.
      God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

Thanks so much, I am trying so hard not to pay too much attention to her back, but it just jumped out at me the other night when I saw her getting out of the tub. By the way, based on your replies, I measured her last night--she has grown 1 full inch in the month since she's been diagnosed! I probably am not imagining the change with that sort of growth, unfortunately. Will wait for MRI on March 12th and see what that shows! thanks for being a great sounding board.

Comment

Working...
        X