Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Months Post-op.

Hi everyone,
    It has been awhile since my last post. This has mainly been because nothing much has happened. I'm back at work full time and doing really well. I go out clubbing a lot and nothing has had to be changed in my normal routine. The only time I get sore is when I sit at my desk for too long or when I try and lift heavier items. A couple of things I've noticed include the fact that I can not get the pram out of my car when I babysit my 3 month old nephew and if i hold him too long my hip aches. This might affect me when I have my own which we are planning to start working on towards the end of the year.
    One thing that is a major concern for me although my DR is not too worried is the fact that I have not had a period since the month before the operation and seeing as though I'm pretty sure I'm not about to pop out a baby, it is a bit of a concern for me personally. If anyone has any questions please feel free to hit me with them-not literally thanks!
    Katie

Hi Katie,

You are still young, (1980), if I were you I wouldn't be concerned.

I thought that I would start my period with the surgery and prepared for it, and it never happened. I'm a little older than you but I don't think anyone can predict how our bodies are going to respond no matter what age we are.

It's only my opinion, but I think your body will adjust when it's ready to have a healthy pregnancy. I don't think we should ever compare ourselves to another, regarding this surgery.

We all have scoliosis, but I don't think any of us are the same. Your body will heal in it's own time, and I have a feeling you will be blessed with children when the time is right!!!

Just my opinion,
    Shari

Comment

Thanks Shari,
      I don't like comparing myself to other patients however I do like to get an idea of what other patients have had to face with their own recovery in order to see if my symptoms may be of a rarer concern. It's peace of mind to know that these things take time.
      I have been getting achey between the shoulders over the last couple of days and my neck hurts a bit but overall I'm really happy with my progress.
      Katie.
      Katie

Comment

Hi Katie,

I think it would be abnormal to not try to compare ourselves to others, I think it's a natural part of the process. I'm just not sure that we should completely rely on the outcomes of others, because even though we all have the same affilication, it has become so apparent to me that we are never the same!!!

The more knowledge you receive, the better prepared you are, and I'm all for that!!! But in my opinion, we all have different doctors, procedures and outcomes. I think that as long as you keep the faith in your surgeon and a positive attitude, as hard as it may be at times, you seem to be able to get back to some of your previous activities, and I think that's a plus for you!!!

I wish you nothing but the best in your recovery, but I also understand your fears and concerns!!!

Shari

Comment

Working...
        X