Dr. Mathew Geck??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Mathew Geck??

Has anyone used Dr. Geck in Austin. His website looks promising, and I am having trouble researching doctors. Thanks.

Ann
    44 year old female
    Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
    Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
    Posterior Only, 9 hours
    Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
    Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Hi Ann...

I don't know Dr. Geck, although his credentials are excellent. Since you're looking at doctors in Austin, you may want to check out Kurt von Rueden. He is the surgeon of Dave Wolpert, who wrote Scoliosis Surgery The Definitive Patient Reference, and I know that Dave was happy with his result.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I have seen him once before, but I can't give you too much advice. The only reason I saw him was because it had been over 10 years since I had my back checked, so I just wanted him to see that everything was still in place, and I had a few questions I needed answered.
      I can tell you, he was very nice, he seemed to know what he was talking about, and he sat very patiently with me while I went through a list full of questions I had come up with over the year.
      I now visit another spine center in austin where they have a team of chiropractors, ortho surgeons, and physical therapist working together. They were able to help me this last summer with sciatica. They assured me that if the chiro and pt wasn't helpful that they would bring in the ortho. In the end, the pt solved the problem though. Sorry I can't remember the name of it (it's off of Lamar and 290 in the Brodie Oaks Center) but if you want more info, let me know and I'll look it up.
      Harrington Rods in 1991 at age 15
      Surgery at Scottish Rite in Dallas, TX

Fused from T-4 to L-3

Comment

Austin Surgeon

I had my scoliosis surgery done by Dr. Kurt Von Ruden of Spine Austin in Austin. I am four months post op and am very happy with my result. I still have pain and muscle spasms but I am hopeful that time will help with that. I am 51 years old.

Dr. Von Rueden uses Brackenridge Hospital. I was not very happy with Brackenridge. I acquired an antibiotic resistant infection at Brackenridge. This added complication to my surgery and required a second surgery and intravenous antibiotics for six weeks after surgery. The care at Brackenridge also left much to be desired. I had someone with me most of the time but they had to hunt for nurses to get pain medicine or respond to alarms on the IV or even to clean the room or change the linens or help me to the restroom. Although they say the surgical suite is great for the doctors at Brack, the patient care after surgery was not the best, in my opinion and experience.

I would be happy to talk to you personally about my experience with Spine Austin.

Joan

Comment

Working...
        X