Advocate Position/Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advocate Position/Michigan

Good Morning, As an individual with a congenital disability that resulted in the first complete Spinal Fusion in the State of Michigan in 1954. That resulted in the fusion of my lower back at the age of four years old, I have challenge and continue to challenge barriers regarding employment, education and inclusion. My Spine or Curvature is very noticeable and very uncomfortable, I can not sit or stand for any great length of time without re-adjusting my position. No surgeon, or Physician can come up with an acceptable solution for me, at the same time I only take Ibuprofen 600mg for some pain control. Of course I could ask for what ever, but I need to continue working.
    At the age of 54 I continue to be employed as a Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor with a Professional Counseling License. It is time that I use my skills, Advocacy Experience and of course my life experience with a socially challenging disability on behalf of the thousands of children, and adults with Scoliosis. I would like to ask for your assistance in location an Advocacy Group, Disability Organization or Association that may be interested in my skills and experience so that I may challenge the norm and color outside the line for inclusion of individuals with Scoliosis. Please contact me directly by email or post a message and I will get back with you soon.
    Live long and prosper!
Working...
X