From Trudy's Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Trudy's Friend

Hi,Im lisa, Trudy's best friend..I just want to thank you all for the support and wisdom and advice you shared with her..She researched this surgery and scoliosis and was very comforted finding this little place on the web to share with you all.She talked of this board all the time! I am shocked and can not believe this has happened..I had talked with her the morning of her surgery and she said things were runing late..Before we got off the phone..she laughed...Which was something we ALWAYS did.I know deep in my heart that though she was at times scared of this surgery that she truely had placed it all in Gods hands and she was secure.I was truely blessed to have her apart of my life.She always joked that her and I were like "lucy and ethel" I loved her to the depths of my souls..I just hope that one day I will be half the woman she was.Her belief In God was inspirational and I will miss her forever....
    Lisa

Lisa,
    you remind me of my close girlfriend who gave me pep talks many times before I had this surgery...My heart goes out to you, Trudy's husband, children & other family members. Though, true, I had never met Trudy or you, I feel a close bond and am so sad that words can't express. Take care & all my prayers are with you all, Lynne

http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com
    fused T-11 to L-5/aug 2006
    Last edited by lelc2002@yahoo; 02-14-2007, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Dear Lisa,

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. All I can add is that while we cannot understand why things happen the way they do, we must trust in God's judgment. There is a reason God wanted to call this child of His home. And one day all the mystery will be revealed to us.

You have my heartfelt sympathy.

Chris

Comment

Lisa -

Thank you for posting this. Trudy touched so many in one way or another. My sincerest thoughts and prayers are with you and all who mourn this terrible loss.

Brandi
        Brandi
        Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
        Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
        L1-S1
        Dr. William Lauerman
        Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
        Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
        http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hi Lisa

Im so so sorry about your loss, i cant imagine how i would feel if i lost my best friend.

Im sure that your chats helped her enormously and she will be smiling down on you so keep your chin up.

Lots of love

Sai

Comment

Hi Lisa,

My prayers are with you as well as her family. I am so sorry for your loss. Please find comfort knowing that there is a large "scoliosis family" who have been thinking about her family a lot, and have shed many tears over a wonderful woman who we never met, but felt a connection.

Peace be with you,
            Anya
            "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
            Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
            19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Lisa,
              Thank you for writing this. I know it's probably hard for people to understand how this forum can create friendships without even knowing each other! The support and encouragement I found on this site is amazing. I hope you find comfort in the fact that this forum eased Trudy's fears, as it did mine, and probably most others. I will forever hold Trudy, her family and you in my prayers.
              Lesly

Comment

thanks

thanks to all of you for the kind words.i may check in from time to time..since you were all such apart of our conversations for the last months.

Lisa

Comment

Prayers for the Family

Hi Lisa,

Please know that you and Trudys family are in my prayers.

I am looking at having surgery in the next few months and also have 3 kids, I am so thankful for this web site and the resouce it has been for us....

Please send our love and let them know about all of our prayers of support at this diffucult time.

Jer: 29:11 & 12

Comment

Working...
                  X