Comfortable positions while in bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfortable positions while in bed

Hi - My daughter had surgery one week ago and I was wondering if anyone who has gone through this can recommend comfortable positions for sleeping. I was real concerned a few days ago but I must say she is feeling better as the days pass. What seems most comfortable for her so far is laying flat with pillows under each arm or lying on the left side with pillow up against her back. She has a lot of difficulty laying on her right side. Thanks for any suggestions, Lorrie

My daughter had spinal fusion 4 weeks ago with costoplasty. She has slept the best with two pillows under head (on top of one another) and 3 king size pillows long ways down the bed for her body, so which ever way she turns she is on a pillow and always has one to put behind her to support her back. Also a pillow between her knees is good when she is on her side. She also uses a heating pad on low to help with the muscle spasms. They said for the first couple of weeks to keep the heat off the incision, so we would move it on one side and then the other. I hope this helps. Niki

Comment

Working...
    X