Update on info about Trudy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on info about Trudy

I have just talked with her husband and they did the autopsy today but he has not been told yet what the result was. He will call me with that when he can. He did give me the ok to post his address for those who want to send cards and notes. Send them to: Clint Barnes, 797 VZCR 3411, Wills Point, Tx 75169. The funeral will be by the end of the week but he doesn't have the exact day or time. The name and phone number of the funeral home is: Allan Fuller Funeral Home, 205 Hwy 64, Wills Point, Tx 75169---Phone: 903/873-3933. He did ask if anyone should send flowers please write out on the card that it is from someone with the National Scoliosis Foundation web site. They do not have anywhere to send donations. He said that Doc Shelokov was like the rest of us--just could not believe this had happened and told him that he would personally call and give him the autopsy result. I told Clint that I had received so many posts from you precious people and that I would send them on to him. This touched him. Thank you all for your loving and caring responses.
    Linda G.

Thank you for passing on this information to us, for telling Trudy's husband how concerned & sympathetic we all are, and for sharing all of our posts with him. I'm sure the children will one day treasure our words & know how very special their mom was to us & the world!
    Martha
    Mother of Laura, Age 19
    Diagnosed with S curve at Age 13 (49*T/32*L)
    Wore brace for one year (Wilmington Jacket)
    Posterior spinal fusion on April 17, '08 with Dr. Flynn at CHOP (Age 16)
    Fused T2-L2
    Pre-op curves: 41*UT/66*T/34*L
    Post-op curves: 14*UT/19*T/19*L
    Note: At 1 yr. post-op appt, UNFUSED lumbar curve improved to 14*!!
    OK to email me at: malka22@comcast.net

Comment

Hi Linda...

I wonder if you've received any more information from Trudy's autopsy. I think there are a lot of us who want to know what actually happened.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Linda G,

Thanks for the update. This breaks my heart and I am at a loss for words. What a freak thing this is. I can't imagine the shock her family is going through. I will be praying for her husband and children. May the Lord give them a peace that surpasses their understanding.

Kindest Regards,
        Gail

Comment

I'm so upset.

I haven't been to the site in a while and had been trying to reach Trudy via email. She At first I figured she was just busy to deal w/ email. She had contacted me back in December. So I went searching for information on her and the first word that hit me is autopsy.
          Has anyone heard the final word on this? I am in shock. Crying. Sick about it. How is her family? Has anyone heard anything else?
          I had a blot clot in my lungs and it was the quick response by Baylor Plano Hospital and Shelokov that saved me. I am sure they are devasted there. I know I researched mortality rates prior to surgery and I remember they had one of the lowest.
          Holy cow... I'm just in shock.
          Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
          Diane
          Diane
          39 y.o. female
          Aug. 9 '05 - T-1 through S-1; Dr. Shelokov -Plano
          Oct. 14 '97 - L4-L5/L5-S1 fusion BAK fusion cages (san antonio)
          Feb. 14 '89 - laminectomy l4-l5/l5-s1 (omaha)
          braced as an adolescent

Comment

Working...
          X