Great Book About A Girl Who Has Scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Book About A Girl Who Has Scoliosis

The book, Deenie, is a very good book about a girl who finds out she has scoliosis. Her mother pressures her to be model and takes her to tons of modeling places. i rate this book like 1969687879076 out of 5! i love it!
    They Call me Laura
    Im 13 years old
    I have a mild 23 degree cruve

I read that book right when I was diagnosed 7 years ago! It really was a great book!!! Thanks for reminding me about that one )

Comment

That book was written in the 1970s so it's been around a while now - I first read it years ago. It's a fantastic book and I'm so glad that it is still being read! Even though Deenie's Milwaukee brace experience is probably quite different to the experiences of kids in braces today, I'm sure that loads of it is still relevant - such as how you feel when wearing the brace, and how you felt when you heard you had to wear it.

I wore plaster bodycasts and big metal Milwaukee braces from the age of 6 months until I was ten years old, which some people think must have sucked, but I grew up with it and it was all I knew. When I read Deenie I realised that it's probably a lot worse to be a teenager suddenly faced with wearing a brace for the first time!

Comment

Hey

I read it about a year ago.
        it is a Greast book just to know that you aren't the only one in the world with scoliosis!

I recamend it for anyone!
        Mák Veronika
        14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
        40T
        54L
        +rotation
        Boston Brace since December 2005
        Location in Florida

I play flute.
        I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

Yes, it's an amazing book! My mom used to read it to me when I was a lot younger & was first diagnosed with scoliosis. I loved it.

Comment

Working...
          X