pre-op visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-op visit

i went for my pre-op and registration today.my surgery is at 7:30 thursday morning.everything looked good on my blood tests ecept they said i have sugar in my urine but my sugar levels are fine.i dont really understand what could cause that ? the dr told me they are just fixing the lumbar curve and that the top curve would fix itself.he is fusing from L3 to S1. so at least the top part of me should be mobile,i just hate that my disks are bad and need replacing.im so glad im not fused all the way down but still when they explain the risks it still scares you.
    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

I will be praying for you! Keep your head up you will do fine
    Lesly

Comment

Best of luck! I'll be praying for you.

I'll be in your shoes a few months from now.

Kari

57 degree thorasic curve

Comment

Good luck Gayle

Thinking of you...
        48 yr old female. 80° thoracolumber curve. Surgery Feb 14 2007. Fused T3 - L5. Correction to 23°. Happy!

Comment

I'll be praying for you. Looking forward to hearing from you post-op!

Best,
          Anya
          "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
          Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
          19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Blood sugar test OK but sugar in urine?

Have the tests re-done.

My husband had this experience:

After a prostatectomy for cancer the PSA tests should read "0". This is to insure no prostate cells remain; if it(PSA value) goes up then prostate cancer might remain/or recurr. Four months after surgery it read "4". The surgeon was suspicious because, even with recurrence, it would never go up that fast. He did not believe the lab; we had the test re-done at a different lab and the results were "0".

Lab errors occur, mix-ups can happen. Always give yourself the benefit of the doubt. Insurance usually covers re-testing. The specimen container might have some type of residue--especially if someone used a jelly jar to bring in the specimen.
            Last edited by Karen Ocker; 02-06-2007, 10:06 AM.
            Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
            Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

good thoughts to you!!!

Trudy--I will be sending good thoughts your way.....all my best, Lynne

Comment

Trudy, when the lab tested me it showed I had a hormone that is only in pregnant women. I have had a total hysterectomy so that was impossible. I was tested twice and then again after the surgery. After the surgery it was a different lab and it was neg. No one could explain what the deal was but I knew for sure I wasn't having a baby. Both Dr. Shelokov and Eric got a giggle out of that and was teasing my husband about passing out cigars. I am praying for you. You will soon be on the other side of this and on your way to healing.
                Linda G.

Comment

I hope your surgery goes well. The best of luck to you.

Comment

Good luck, Trudy. You've asked some really good questions lately that have helped me to prepare, also.
                    Chris
                    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
                    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
                    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
                    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery -

Renee

Comment

good luck gayle

you will do fine and it will defo change your life for the better

xx

sai

Comment

Hi Trudy,

My thoughts and prayers will be with you also!!! The blood tests are not always accurate. So don't focus on that.

We are all here for you,
                          Shari

Comment

Working...
                          X