Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving

Yippee!!!!! Talked to the PA yesterday and I can start driving short distances now. One more step to independence. My rehab place is only about 4 miles from home so that will be my first trip tomorrow. Then I may have to go shopping for some new sping blouses. Oh happy day--things are looking forward to normal activities again. Just have to take baby steps to get there but we will all make the journey and be better for it. I know that those who have already gone ahead understand the excitment of each new thing we are allowed to do. Those coming along behind have these things to look to as healing milestones. Each one is precious to me.
    Linda G.

driving for the first time after surgery was very exciting...definitely a big milestone...keep it up!! Ly

Comment

Good for you Linda. Just remember your good body mechanics getting in and out of the car, etc. I remember it feeling weird the first time I drove but it was so great! Next year at this time you will look back, like I am, at how far you will have progressed and it is amazing.

Comment

Hi Linda G.,

I remember my first driving experience, and I felt like a teenager just starting to drive. I was nervous and I also did it while my husband was at work so he didn't know that I was attempting it.

At first I would only go a short distance, and each time I got in the car I would go farther. Take your time, if you need too. It took me a while to be able to drive at night in rain and snow. I always felt invincible before the surgery, but I now find myself in a much more cautious state of mind.

Shari

Comment

Working...
        X