Dr. Sean McCance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Sean McCance

Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Sean McCance, an orthopedic surgeon in NYC affiliated with Hospital for Joint Diseases?

Hi Pearl:

I have had five years of experience with Dr. McCance since my spinal surgery in 1998. What do you need to know?

Comment

Dr. McCance

Hi Igrant, I just wanted to know if you were satisfied with the doctor and the hospital. How big was your curvature before and after surgery?Did you have any complications that you felt were the doctor's or hospital's fault?

Comment

surgery/Dr. Sean McCance

For anyone who is considering scoliosis surgery, especially if you are in the New York City area, I would highly recommend Dr. Sean McCance. I had a lot of confidence about the surgery in deciding to undergo it with him. I have dealt with scoliosis just about entire life. I am now 27 years old and had surgery February 9 of this year to correct a 53 degree curve. I was braced as a child and teenager, and decided to ‘forget’ about my scoliosis during college and afterward, but when I was in my mid-twenties I noticed more of a deformity and increasing back pain. I went to see several surgeons about my situation, as I was advised to get more than one opinion, but Dr.McCance definitely was by far the most thorough in his evaluation, his questions and, overall, seemed concerned with my case and was the most informed in the area of scoliosis (he is also a member of the Scoliosis Research Society), whereas the other doctors I saw took a more vague, flippant, general prognosis to it. I am still in the recovery process, but am very happy with the results so far, my curve was reduced tremendously to around 24 degrees and I have just about no pain now—something I didn’t expect so soon after the surgery. I’ve heard nothing but positive feedback about him from others as well. My only regret is that I didn’t decide to do the surgery sooner! Go figure!

Comment

Dr. McCance in NYC is great

Dr. McCance performed my scoliosis fusion in August 2004. It has been almost 9 months and I feel great. My thoracic curve was reduced from 52 degrees to 23 degrees- pretty dramatic! I even gained 3/4 of an inch in height!

I was diagnosed at age 11 and braced for 2 1/2 years. I was in the gray area for a long time, hovering around 42 degrees. My curve worsened from age 18 - 25. I tried yoga, pilates, chiropractic care...you name it, I tried it. I finally opted for surgery. But it wasn't a hasty decision- I visited 5 different surgeons in a time period of 5 years. I found that it is best to go through with surgery when you feel completely comfortable with the person who is performing it. Dr. McCance is one of the best and his staff is top-notch. I have no regrets and feel that I am recovering much faster than anticipated.

- Michele

Comment

Sean McCance

The Dr. Sean McCance you mentioned - does he work out of Lenox Hill Hospital? I seen a Dr. McCance listed in the Lenox Hill directory with the initials PLLC listed after MD. Does anyone know what they mean? I made a appointment to see Dr. McCance next week - I want to make sure it is the same Dr. McCance that has been recommended.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X