Sharp pains in arms and hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharp pains in arms and hands

For the last couple of days, I've been getting really sharp pains in my arms when I reach out to touch something, and in my hands, near the base of the thumb when I grab hold of something, pick something up, and sometimes just when I touch something. Could this be anything to do with the surgery I had earlier this month? I doubt it is, but I thought I'd ask in case anyone else has had anything like it. They came on really suddenly, and I've never had anything like this before. Maybe it's just something temporary?

Hi Robbie
    I've really no idea, as I have'nt had surgery yet. Is it any better? If not, probably best to check it out with your doc...
    48 yr old female. 80° thoracolumber curve. Surgery Feb 14 2007. Fused T3 - L5. Correction to 23°. Happy!

Comment

hey

yeah best to get checked out as may have something to do with nerve endings!?! not sure but worth checking out

Comment

Robbie, get it checked out honey. Nothing probably wrong, but dont muck about. Better to be sure.

Bless you as always,
        Macky
        Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
        Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

I spoke to my GP about it when I saw her on Thursday. She didn't think it was a big deal, but I probably will mention it to my surgeon when I see him on the 19th if the pains haven't gone away. They have subsided a little over the last few days, though.

Comment

Working...
          X