brace questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brace questions

i know i will need to wear my brace in the hospital after surgery so im wondering if i will need to bring a tank top to wear underneath it like you would a regular brace?
    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Hi Trudy...

Most (all?) patients that I've visited have worn their brace over their hospital gown.

By the way, in some hospitals, patients get a brace liner to wear.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Trudy,
      I am 6 weeks post op and still wearing my brace. I ordered the undershirts from Lands End and they are great! (They look like a thin tank top and I believe you can find them in the lingerie section on-line) Ordering a larger size is a good idea, I am swollen and the large feels better.
      Cathie

Comment

Hi Trudy,

I wore tank tops and cut up T-shirts to make myself comfortable. My biggest problem was finding underware.

I didn't want to have to take my brace off every time I needed to go to the bathroom, so I wore underware or briefs that fit over my brace. It wasn't pretty, but it was functional.

Shari

Comment

Working...
        X