Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Boachie - Scheduled Appointment

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to everyone for your advice on surgeons. I'm happy to say that I have scheduled an appointment with Dr. Boachie for a second opinion on March 12. I'm curious to see what he has to say.

Can anyone give me an indication of what I should expect at the appointment with him? Considering the steep price tag of $500-$600, I'm hoping he will spend a considerable amount of time to talk with me.

Thank you again to everyone here. I'm so glad that I ran across this forum. You are all just a great support!
    MishP
    38 y/o
    Diagnosed with Scoliosis at age 6 - Bracing didn't help
    Brace off at age 12
    Saw Chiropractor/massage therapist
    Pre-op
    Upper Curve - 115 degrees
    Lower Curve - 85 degrees
    9/18/07 Anterior/posterior surgery w/Dr. Boachie-Adjei
    Fused T2-L3
    Not sure of post-op correction

Hi MishP,
    First of all, that's great that you're going to see Dr. Boachie. I just had surgery with him 3 weeks ago and i can't say enough good things about him! He's just wonderful.
    When i went for my consultation, I filled out quite a bit of paperwork (asking questions about pain, etc). Then I got x-rays done, talked to the nurse for a few minutes and then Dr. Boachie came in. We talked for about 15 minutes.. he was extremely comforting and made me feel confident with my decision.
    The cost was $450.
    I hope this helps!
    Lesly

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Lesly,

It does help. I hear just great things about him and I'm really looking forward to meeting him.

I'll let everyone know how I make out after the appointment.

Mish
      MishP
      38 y/o
      Diagnosed with Scoliosis at age 6 - Bracing didn't help
      Brace off at age 12
      Saw Chiropractor/massage therapist
      Pre-op
      Upper Curve - 115 degrees
      Lower Curve - 85 degrees
      9/18/07 Anterior/posterior surgery w/Dr. Boachie-Adjei
      Fused T2-L3
      Not sure of post-op correction

Comment

hi...

Mishp----I had my surgery this past Aug./Dr. Boachie....I go in March 12th too...I had a 95 thorocolumbar curve...now down to 59...
        p.m. me if you need directions & where to park....

Comment

MishP,
          I had surgery with Dr. Boachie Dec 12- he is the best. I found it helpful to write down all my questions so I did not forget what I wanted to ask him. You're in great hands-
          Cathie

Comment

appointment with boachie

Hi Mishp-

My 12-yr old daughter had her first appointment with Dr. Boachie in December. I took a long list of questions with me as well as all her previous films and reports. We first met one of the other doctors (Dr. Joseph Schwab) who discussed my daughter's case history and did a thorough exam. Dr. Schwab was great at answering my questions and he also suggested that I get additional clarifications from Dr. Boachie. Our meeting with Dr. Boachie was great. He was very thorough and answered all our questions with a lot of patience. I think the meeting with him lasted about 30-40 minutes (not including the time spent on x-rays, with the nurse, other docs, etc.)

Unfortunately, Dr. Boachie recommended surgery during the appointment and I wasn't very prepared to ask questions related to the surgery. For example, I didn't ask him about what I should do to prepare or what the pre-op issues would be, etc. I will probably have to set up a second second appt with him to discuss the surgery options but I suspect that's not unusual.

Hope this is helpful.

Sam

Comment

I'm scheduled for surgery on June 25 and 27, 2007 with Dr. Michael neuwirth and I am thinking about going to Dr. Boahie for a 4th opinion because I am hearing soo much about him. I really liked neuwirh, I saw him twice, he answered all my questions and made me feel really comfortable! Any Advice would be appretiated. Thanks

Comment

RiRi,
                I've heard good things about Dr. Neuwirth as well. I loved Dr. Boachie, but mostly because he made me feel so comfortable. If you've met with Neuwirth a few times and he makes you feel comfortable, that's the most important thing. I went to see other surgeons for their opinions, and I didn't feel confident in them at all! I just couldn't imagine them doing this much work on my spine. Then, when I met Boachie, I knew right away that I didn't want anyone but him to do the surgery.
                I think the most important thing is that you are comfortable. If you're happy with Neuwirth, you should keep your appt with him. Although it never hurts to meet as many dr's as you can- look at it like you're interviewing them to see who you trust the most!! This is a very serious surgery and you have to have 100% confidence in your surgeon.
                Lesly

Comment

Working...
                X