Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your Hip pain worse than before surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your Hip pain worse than before surgery?

I am trying to find out if anyone out there in your late 30's and 40's had pain in their hip and radiating down legs, numbness and tingling- Before surgery that did not go away after the spine was straightened. I ma only 40lower and 31 upper and are having my disk's herniate and bulge so I am a candidate for surgery however will it really stop the pain or will I create new pain? Help!
    43 year old
    30-upper
    41-lower
    ddd,bulging disks
    bone spurs
    osteoarthritis
    waiting for surgery

Bursitis in the hip

I am 50 years old. I had pain in my hip that was diagnosed as bursitis and treated with injections in the hip. I was told it was a secondary issue to my scoliosis. I am three months post-op from my scoliosis surgery and I have not had any hip pain at all since my surgery. Still have back and shoulder pain but no hip pain.

Joan

Comment

i HAD TERRIBLE PAIN THAT RADIATED DOWN MY RIGHT LEG. i HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAIN IN MY LEG SINCE SURGERY AND I AM 4 MONTHS- POST OP
      surgery 9/06
      Rothman institute

Comment

Hi Iberg,

I had this before surgery and it is somewhat improved but not gone enough to stop pain pills for it ( 6 mos. post-op). My advice would be to try all treatments for it before surgery since you are borderline the curve may not be causing it. Have you tried physical therapy, traction, etc?

Deb

Comment

hip pain

weird but i never had hip pain prior but after woah...i felt like i had hip replacement surgery instead. i still have problems with it at 8 months and pain regularly. in therapy we concentrated on it alot but it only improved a little. i sure hope it goes away.i did not have a bone graph but man my hip bone aches.

Stephanie 28
          T11 - L3 6-5-06
          rib removed
          Stephanie
          T11 to L3
          1 rib removed
          June 5, 2006

Comment

Working...
          X