5 weeks post-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 weeks post-op

I am a 54 year old female who had a 78 degree curvature. Had surgery 5 weeks ago. Surgeon was John Regan at the Spine Disorder Institute at Cedar Sinai in LA. I spent one week in the hospital and 8 days in rehab. As expected, the first 3 weeks were hell. There has been slow but steady improvement since then. I am fused from T-2 to L4. Most of my discomfort is from the incision under my left rib cage. Nerves were cut which has lead to pain in my left hip which radiates down my leg. To anyone facing this surgery I suggest getting a large wedge pillow to elevate your head while you are in bed. I also listen to books on tape. It helps to pass the time. Good luck to all facing this surgery.

Thanks for that info....books on tape sounds like a great idea...also that seems like the amount of fusion my doctor wants to do on me..i'm 45...do U think I can feel good after 4 months to go on a long plane ride? It's my 25 anniversary...and we want to plan a trip, and my husband is so worried about the surgery...he doesn't want me to have it now.
    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism
    complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
    increasing pain at the T4/5
    point irratation heardwear

Comment

I live about 125 miles from my surgeon. Three weeks after surgery I was in the car for about 4 hours total to go to an appointment. The next day I felt fine. If you are out of your brace, there shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Working...
      X