Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone have herniated disks and stenosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone have herniated disks and stenosis?

Is surgery the only thing that can help me? I have only a 40degree lower and 31 upper however I am 43, and suffering from severve left side lower lumber pain, tingling in legs and feet and shooting pains. Sometimes I feel like I am splitting in two. The ortho thinks foriminal stensosis, has anyone felt this way? Will I progress and be worse off if I wait until 50 degreee curve? If I am over 50 years old doesn't menopause and aging effect my recovery? Anyone had this and had surgery? Please Help!
    43 year old
    30-upper
    41-lower
    ddd,bulging disks
    bone spurs
    osteoarthritis
    waiting for surgery

Hi Linda - I had similar symptoms - was diagnosed with stenosis, but I had had previous scoliosis correction with CD rods 18 years earlier. I ended up having a revision. Before my revision however, I did get some relief from a physiotherapist as Linda suggested. He was able to do some light traction on my lower spine (only light because of my fusion), which was able to provide some relief from the compression by opening up the spaces. I also got some relief from therapeutic massage as well. I was also advised to stand with one foot on a low stool as it releases pressure on the low spine/pelvic area. Just some ideas that worked for me with decreasing the leg pain.
    Cena
    Nov. 2006 - revision surgery
    Aug. 1992 - revision surgery for hook removal and pseudoarthrosis
    July 1989 - Cortrell Doubosett procedure - two rods and fusion T4-L4 (age 13)

Comment

I had my surgery at 16 and revision surgery to remove extra bone growth causing stenosis at 43. Now I am having problems with three discs and they are trying to relieve as much pain as they can without operating again. Age does play a big part in how fast you recover, but so does motivation!
      T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
      2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
      3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
      Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Working...
      X