Pictures!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures!!!!!!

Hello, here are 2 pictures of my back before my surgery....and one picture TWO DAYS after my surgery.

What I was thinking....is EVERYONE POST THEIR SCOLIOSIS PICTURES HERE!!!

I'll post a more recent picture of my back since it's now fully healed once I get a camera My back now looks AWESOME!!!!

Have a good day!

That looks great! Your shoulder blades look so even now. Congratulations!
    Harrington Rods in 1991 at age 15
    Surgery at Scottish Rite in Dallas, TX

Fused from T-4 to L-3

Comment

Great correction - congrats!

Renee

Comment

Sparks, you look great! What were your curves before, and what are they now? Just curious!

-Jamie

Comment

Hi Sparks,

Congratulations on your outcome!!! It looks great!!! I took before and after pictures also, but have not had the guts to develop them yet. And that was 18 months ago, I think it's about time I do that. I guess I"m still afraid of what I may see!!!

Silly me???
          Shari

Comment

Before my surgery I know my angle was 52 or 53 degrees?? Not 100% sure...which one haha. Now its probably about 9 degrees

Yea, the after pic is from JUST after the surgery (2 days or maybe 3)...so of course my body has changed since that after pic.....but it's changed for the better. So I actually have my woman curves...but no scoliosis curves

Can't wait to post my NOW pictures...I think that will help people who haven't had the surgery realize that afterwards (in my case) gettin rods in your back really isn't the hugest deal in the world after all

Comment

Sparks-The after picture looks great! My before picture is sooo bad...hump & all. Ly

Comment

Why does this all have to be so confusing?! I have a similar curve Sparks, and I just think of how much better I'd look and feel without it. But I do understand it's a huge decision. Anyway, thanks for your positive words - it does help a lot!

Lynne, I'd love to see your before/after pictures!

Comment

Before and After X-Rays

I still don't spend much time on computer...hopefully will be able to participate a little more soon. I did ask my doctor for copies of my before and after X-rays and thought I would share. I was one of those severe cases with lots of complications.

Sparks, you look great!!!

Comment

Sparks and Marcia, I think you both had really good results.

Macky
                    Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
                    Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

WOW, Marcia! You must be six inches taller! Looks like I will require as extensive a fusion as yours. Good to see you posting again. Will look forward to more of your posts.

Chris

Comment

Sparks and Marcia...

Congratulations! Wow...how wonderful to see such improvements. I hope that you both feel better and better with each passing day!

God bless.

Marilyn

1975 Clear hard plastic body cast worn
                        1976 Operated for high grade Spondylolisthesis; lumbar fused from L2-Sacrum and Harrington rods inserted
                        1976 Wore regular type body cast and in bed rest for 1 year
                        1977 Rods removed
                        2006 Diagnosed with Flat back syndrome with sagittal imbalance
                        2008 Scheduled for wide pedicle subtraction osteotomy, sooner if pain increases

My email is ahlan_warda@yahoo.com

Comment

Are there any 40+ years old people that have before and after scoliosis surgery pictures?

Sue

Comment

How do you do it?

Can someone explain how to load pictures on here and I will put on my before and after x rays. Thanks.

Deb

Comment

I think I'll ask my daughter to do it... I don't have pics yet but promise I'll take one this weekend of 47 yr old with 80° pre - op and the next one post op (asap after feb 14). X- rays are with my doc so that'll have to wait 'til after.
                              48 yr old female. 80° thoracolumber curve. Surgery Feb 14 2007. Fused T3 - L5. Correction to 23°. Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X