Transfering x-rays to disc??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering x-rays to disc??

Anyone know how I can get my x-rays transferred to a picture compact disc or DVD?? Trying to find a source. Thanks in advance for your help.

I am hopeless with this, but could you scan them, put them on your computor then burn them to a DVD. Dunno, thats probably all wrong, but I tried.

Macky
    Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
    Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

digital x-rays

Many x-ray machines are digital today. Prints can be made or the image can be brought up on computer. Maybe you could ask you doc if he has your x-rays on computer and get a cd from him of them.
      Spencer's Dad

11 year old boy with PMD Luekodystrophy
      Nonambulatory, nonverbal, nonweight bearing
      VRO and Pemberton hip reconstruction at age 5
      Nissen fundo at at age 7
      Subdermal spinal drug pump at age 9
      Complete Spinal Fusion Jan. 9, 2007 at age 10.
      118 degree curve before surgery - less than 25 after!!

Comment

For some reason, I have had to get all of my x-rays, MRIs, and CT scans put on disks to bring to the doctor. I think it's to make sure they can look at them during the appointment if the diagnostic place didn't send it to them. To get them on a disk, when you go have the x-rays done, just ask the technition to put them on a disk for you (I'm assuming this would only work if their machine is digital), and they will either have you wait and they will give it to you then, or you may have to come back in a few days to pick up the disk(s).

Hope that helps,

Abbie
        aBbiE
        22 yr old F,KU college student
        Kyphoscoliosis...
        Scoliosis (25T, 23L) diagnosed @ 14 yrs old; curves June 08 were 45T, 32L with 18 degree rotation
        Kyphosis of 65 degrees...
        I am missing a lumbar vertebrae

Surgery 6/30/2008 with Dr. Lawrence Lenke
        Fused T2-L2

before/after pics
        all smiles!

Comment

transfering old x-rays to disc

I have xrays from several past years that I want to put on a disc. Any ideas where to go to get these old xrays scanned??

Good info for future xrays. Thank you.

Comment

Ummm, me again. The dumbest person with computors ever to sit down, but I will try. Printers sometimes have scanners on them so maybe you have a friend who has one. We also can go to K-Mart over here to get things scanned, but I know thats not what it is called over there, is it Wal-Mart?

Wow, that was heaps of help. Actually that is such a good question as I have xrays taken over the past few years that I would like to do the same with.

Trying so hard!
            Macky xx
            Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
            Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

If you have the actual x-rays to put on a disk you just need to scan them and copy them onto a CD-RW. If you have no clue what I'm talking about, try taking them to a Ritz or Wolff Camara shop and tell them what you are trying to do. Walgreens might be able to do it too. I think those places would be able to help you... not 100% though cause aren't the actual x-rays really big? I don't think it would hurt to bring them somewhere and just ask people... or call ahead of time...
              Abbie
              aBbiE
              22 yr old F,KU college student
              Kyphoscoliosis...
              Scoliosis (25T, 23L) diagnosed @ 14 yrs old; curves June 08 were 45T, 32L with 18 degree rotation
              Kyphosis of 65 degrees...
              I am missing a lumbar vertebrae

Surgery 6/30/2008 with Dr. Lawrence Lenke
              Fused T2-L2

before/after pics
              all smiles!

Comment

Big x-rays

Because x-rays are so big most home desktop scanners wont scan them. You will need to have them reduced. I dont know if it would work, but you could try having Kinkos or some similar copy store use their big copier to scan, copy and reduce them to pwp (plain white paper) size.

Another Idea would be to take them to a specialty camera store that develops film (I know, digital is putting these stores out of business, but there are still a few around). They may have the ability to resize and/or digitize the x-ray film.
                Spencer's Dad

Nissen fundo at at age 7

Comment

Hi...

You can tape a white sheet to a sunny window, tape your xray to the sheet, and then take a photograph.

--Linda
                  Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
                  Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

ya - take a picture

lol. Linda, I had exactly the same idea today and tried it with Spencer's x-rays. It worked great. I taped the x-rays to the window and took a picture with my digital camera . I used the "close up" setting (most digi cameras show this setting as a little flower). One problem was picking up a reflection of myself in the x-ray when I took the picture. I haven't played with it more to try to get rid of the reflection, but I'm sure I could do it with a tripod and camera angle.
                    Spencer's Dad

Nissen fundo at at age 7

Comment

Awwwh, you guys are brilliant, thanks so much, gonna try it.

Bless you
                      Macky

Comment

Working...
                      X