Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to scoliosis, I want to get a brace (read on please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to scoliosis, I want to get a brace (read on please)

I'm 16 yo, i have a very mild case i think, except one of my ribcages protrudes like an inch more than the other. can I get a brace to fix this? how much are they?

i researched some night time ones, are those really effective?

thanks!

bracing won't fix your curve, they are just meant to hold it from getting worse. usually you won't get a brace unless your curve is expected to get worse (you aren't done growing and curve is at least like 20, or 25 degrees, but it depends on the doctor). As soon as you take off your brace, your curve will go back to the way it was before. You could always look into Spinecor, it's a more nontraditional bracing approach. What are your curve degrees?
    aBbiE
    22 yr old F,KU college student
    Kyphoscoliosis...
    Scoliosis (25T, 23L) diagnosed @ 14 yrs old; curves June 08 were 45T, 32L with 18 degree rotation
    Kyphosis of 65 degrees...
    I am missing a lumbar vertebrae

Surgery 6/30/2008 with Dr. Lawrence Lenke
    Fused T2-L2

before/after pics
    all smiles!

Comment

I actually don't know... i saw a doctor about this a few years ago because of some back pain at the end of the day and she said it's nothign to worry about unless it gets worse. I just started looking into it because my body is asymetrical and i'd like to fix that. are there no other options?

Comment

Working...
      X